#351 sadiekirby93

sadiekirby93
  • 5 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 4, 2016
  • Wedding Location:ROYALTON WHITE SANDS
  • LocationTORONTO

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

hello everyone! 
i am having my wedding at the royalton white sands on April 4th 2016! i am trying to get as much info and pictures of the venues and  decorations as i can so i can start to plan. if anyone can help out or send some pictures i would be beyond grateful 
my e mail is sadiekirby93@gmail.com 

also id love to hear about other brides experiences and tips on how to save some money and still have an amazing wedding

• Jnj likes this

*FUTURE MRS TOWNS   :wub:

#352 Soon2beMrsJ

Soon2beMrsJ
  • 121 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:23 AM

Hi @sadiekirby93 congrats! I'll send you a few pics of our ceremony and reception so you can get some ideas. If you have any questions definitely let me know!

You're getting married the day before my birthday  :)

#353 Beckiewallace

Beckiewallace
  • 1 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:46 PM

Hi there.... I'm getting married June 2016 and trying to decide on where and found RWS.... As it's the weekend and I'm impatient, I was wondering what the total out of pocket cost I'm looking at for 30-50 people... I'm so stressed and overwhelmed and it's only a week in!!!

#354 sadiekirby93

sadiekirby93
  • 5 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 4, 2016
  • Wedding Location:ROYALTON WHITE SANDS
  • LocationTORONTO

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:09 AM

I am having my wedding on april 4th 2-16 could you tell me how the weather was for you?

• Jnj likes this

*FUTURE MRS TOWNS   :wub:

#355 kenwash

kenwash
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

It looks like the Royalton has changed their exclusive photographer and videographer from True Colors to Pictorial Memories.  Has anyone had any experiences with Pictorial Memories?

• Jnj likes this

#356 livf

livf
    • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:03 PM

Yet another bride planning on getting married at RWS in April 2016.

If anyone can send me any of their info re:pricing that'd be great!  Email: seamusplusliv@gmail.com

Is it only me that thinks their child rates are expensive? or is that average?  I've only been to one all inclusive so I have very limited knowledge about these things.

Thanks!

Edited by livf, 28 August 2015 - 11:04 PM.

• Jnj likes this

#357 kenwash

kenwash
      • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

Hi everyone - We're trying to figure out the best time to have the ceremony.  We were thinking 4:00pm, but the reception space won't be available until 7:00pm.  This leaves an awkward 1.5 hour gap.  Is 5:00pm too late?  We want to make sure there's enough light for the ceremony and pictures during cocktail hour.  (P.S. Our wedding is in December, so sunset tends to be earlier.)

#358 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
        • 4,506 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

Hi everyone - We're trying to figure out the best time to have the ceremony.  We were thinking 4:00pm, but the reception space won't be available until 7:00pm.  This leaves an awkward 1.5 hour gap.  Is 5:00pm too late?  We want to make sure there's enough light for the ceremony and pictures during cocktail hour.  (P.S. Our wedding is in December, so sunset tends to be earlier.)

I married in Mexico, but I would assume the same general rules apply.

I was told to do the ceremony no later than 2 hours before sunset.  You can find your sunset times online with a quick google search.  I would also ask how the sunsets work -- ie in the Mayan Riviera Mexico you just lose the sun, no pretty sunsets.

In January the sunset at 5:30pm, because I was a bit nervous of everything starting late I had my ceremony at 3pm.

Truth be told everything started on time - so I could have pushed my ceremony until 3:30pm.

We went something like this

3-330pm ceremony and toast

330-400pm group and family photos

400-500pm  we did our bride/groom photos while everyone else had a cocktail hour with mariachi

500pm reception

Hope that helps! 

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#359 palmi4488

palmi4488
        • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:07 AM

I'm getting married in December at 4 but reception at 7. I'm doing a cocktail hour before dinner. I was first worried about having too much time inbewteen, but it's more important to me that I get good pictures! It's the Caribbean , what's the worst possible thing for your guests, that have to have one or two more tropical drinks while they wait for dinner!?

#360 kdepass2

kdepass2
          • 15 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 25, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Resort & Spa, Lucea, Jamaica

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

Hi ladies, for pricing it says a DJ is $220/hour and sound system for reception is $500. If you pay for the DJ do you have to pay for the sound system as well? Silly question but I feel like they really nickel and dime for everything

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royalton, white sands, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users