Royalton White Sands

royalton white sands Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#191 FutureMrsGlover

FutureMrsGlover
  • 284 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

@atennille.....talk to the wedding planners for options.  I originally was going for the most expensive package and then adding the Jamaican experience but realized that I was paying double for certain items - cocktail hour, reception and entertainment.  Sometimes, going with the free or the $799 package and then adding on makes it more economical. 

To cut cost I decided not to do colored linens and do my centepieces and chair covers, menus etc in the wedding colors.  The linens are so expensive and I can do the other myself.    My biggest cost is the pictures and video.  Not sure if I am going with the inside vendor or going outside.  But it is still really expensive for pictures either way. 

Just my thoughts.....hope this helps!  :)

#192 pamelas21

pamelas21
  • 178 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 18, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamacia
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

Margaritaville sounds like a fun idea! Although I think quite a few of my guests would be a little mad at me if I suggested an activity off the resort that makes them pay for food and drinks when they get those free at the resort :unsure:

Btw, I saw on another forum that to insert a pic into a post, you use the Image link (under the smile face) instead of attaching the file. You have to have the picture uploaded into your gallery, but then you can use the Image Link of the picture (available on the picture's page under Options).

So here we go...here is a snapshot of the save the dates that I made for our wedding. Let's see if it works.

gallery_277400_17730_418706.jpg

@CherJK

OMG they’re beautiful! <3 Love it!

Thanks for the tips on posting photos too!

Can’t help you with the groomsmen attire – my fiancé decided on full suit…..

I will say though that originally we were thinking of vests but just like you the best man is a little heavier and I didn’t want him to be uncomfortable! Vests don’t work on heavier set guys I think.

I would ask his opinion! You don’t have to go with what he says but at least you would know what he would prefer…..

Wow, thanks ladies for your post. I am deep in the ocean now, and have made a final decision on Royalton. However, after reading all these post, this wedding is going to go WAYY over my budget. I didn't know about the rose petals, which I have already ordered and now can’t use . I also did not know about the set menu. I thought that you could just pay the extra, and do the buffet style. Lastly, the decor, from what I have read it will be a lot of $$$$$$ to have the decor, the way I would like for it to be setup. I am trying not to get discouraged, but goodness, this is getting ridiculous, on these prices.

@atennille

Hey! Congrats on choosing the Royalton! Where were you before? The Riu? Why did you switch over?

Are you doing your reception at the alacarte? Don’t freak out! A deep breath! Lol I know this sounds silly coming from me because I’m always freaking out haha

Anyways, where are you hosting your reception? That makes a huge difference in cost.

The set menu I was talking about is for the Italian alacarte for our rehearsal dinner…..

If you’re doing a private reception there’s several dinner options for you to choose from.

Don’t get discouraged! Everything will work out!

It’s paradise after all and what more could you want than the beautiful Caribbean ocean as your backdrop for your wedding! <3

If you have any more questions just ask! I’m happy to give you everything I have!

Pam

Happy Planning Future Brides!

Love, Mrs. Gedney! <3

#193 FutureMrsGlover

FutureMrsGlover
  • 284 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

@pamelas21....how many pics are you getting in your photo package? Does it also include videographer?

#194 pamelas21

pamelas21
  • 178 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 18, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamacia
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

@pamelas21....how many pics are you getting in your photo package? Does it also include videographer?

No video is not included - I booked Elite Media Concepts for my video....

I think Merrick's contract said minimum 400 images.....

I struggled with this decision because I could've gotten two photographers for the same price as one Merrick BUT I loved Merrick's work better.....

Happy Planning Future Brides!

Love, Mrs. Gedney! <3

#195 atennille

atennille
  • 170 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands. Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

@CherJK

OMG they’re beautiful! <3 Love it!

Thanks for the tips on posting photos too!

Can’t help you with the groomsmen attire – my fiancé decided on full suit…..

I will say though that originally we were thinking of vests but just like you the best man is a little heavier and I didn’t want him to be uncomfortable! Vests don’t work on heavier set guys I think.

I would ask his opinion! You don’t have to go with what he says but at least you would know what he would prefer…..

@atennille

Hey! Congrats on choosing the Royalton! Where were you before? The Riu? Why did you switch over?

Are you doing your reception at the alacarte? Don’t freak out! A deep breath! Lol I know this sounds silly coming from me because I’m always freaking out haha

Anyways, where are you hosting your reception? That makes a huge difference in cost.

The set menu I was talking about is for the Italian alacarte for our rehearsal dinner…..

If you’re doing a private reception there’s several dinner options for you to choose from.

Don’t get discouraged! Everything will work out!

It’s paradise after all and what more could you want than the beautiful Caribbean ocean as your backdrop for your wedding! <3

If you have any more questions just ask! I’m happy to give you everything I have!

Pam

@pamelas21 , Yes I was at the Riu Tropical Bay Palace. I switched beacuse they were seriously being  unreasonable, with the private beach reception prices. Also, many of my guest have a 5 hour flight already, and the resort is an hour and a half away from the airport. And after I saw how beautiful the Royalton was I was hooked !

Also, Yes, I am having a private reception, I want it on the beach however. I know the setup is $300, not bad at all. Yet,  I will admit I am a little concerned about how much that will tally up to be. After the per person charge for all the extras.

Thank you for your encouragement, I really need it. I am so excited , I can't wait to be in paradise for a week.

AnnaTennille & Eric

May 16, 2015

Montego Bay, Jamaica

event.png

#196 Bridetobe771

Bridetobe771
  • 70 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

There may be an easier way, but what I did was click on the "Photo Gallery" link at the top of the page (after "Vendor Reviews"). Then I created a new album which I was able to add pictures to. This gallery now appears in the "Gallery" section of my profile, and I can upload pictures directly to the album from there as well.

Btw, the picture looked really big before I posted it, but it was a normal size after.
Random question for you ladies: what are your groomsmen wearing? I want a more casual look than a full suit, so I was hoping for either a vest or suspenders, rather than a jacket. However, the best man is a large-built guy (a little overweight) and I want to ensure he feels comfortable in what he is wearing. Looking online I wasn't really able to find many pictures of bigger groomsmen wearing either option (they tend to be in jackets since those are the most flattering). Does anyone have any insight into what may work well?

My fiancée decided he wants the guys to wear long sleeve white dress shirts(tucked in) a tie to match the bridesmaids and beige dress pants. He is going to wear the same with a silver or grey tie to look more bridal and possibly a vest.

#197 Bridetobe771

Bridetobe771
  • 70 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Wow, thanks ladies for your post. I am deep in the ocean now, and have made a final decision on Royalton. However, after reading all these post, this wedding is going to go WAYY over my budget. I didn't know about the rose petals, which I have already ordered and now can’t use . I also did not know about the set menu. I thought that you could just pay the extra, and do the buffet style. Lastly, the decor, from what I have read it will be a lot of $$$$$$ to have the decor, the way I would like for it to be setup. I am trying not to get discouraged, but goodness, this is getting ridiculous, on these prices.

Have you looked at the Jamaica experience package? It includes 1 hour of a steel drum band, private cocktail hour, 2 hours reggae band, and a private dinner and reception. Options for reception are ballroom, pool side or beach with no additional setup fees. All for $1799 It includes 20 people and it's $50 extra per person over the 20 people.

#198 atennille

atennille
  • 170 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands. Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

@Bridetobe771 thank you. I have been looking over the packages and now we are up to 60 people. I talked with the wedding coordinator at the hotel, I told her everything I needed and she is going to email back with the best options. I really like the Jamaica experience package.

AnnaTennille & Eric

May 16, 2015

Montego Bay, Jamaica

event.png

#199 happywedding2015

happywedding2015
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hi Pam and ladies, 

I am so indecisive and wanted to see what your thoughts are!

Don't you think Pam should get into wedding planners business? haha

@atennile- your wedding is in May 2015- how did you choose this date?

I was looking at a February date but it was spring break. My sister is still in university so I'm torn between a January 2015 wedding or May 2015 wedding.

Jan 2015 
    2pm wedding so it would be a busier beach and not as ideal sunlight for photos and people in the background? (4pm not available)
    nice weather and almost no chance of rain
    a great time to escape cold Calgary weather
    a longer gap between ceremony 2pm and 7pm reception

May 2015
    4pm wedding so smaller gap to 7pm reception
    May is 40-60% chance of rain, and may occur later in afternoon, could affect ceremony
    Hotter and more humid
    more time to buy wedding dress 

THANK YOU!

#200 linzip

linzip
    • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Hi ladies,

I stumbled on this forum last night when looking for information about a wedding vow renewal at the Royalton.
      My hubby and i were actually married at this site in 2007 when it was the Starfish Trelawny and decided then that we would go back to renew our vows on our 5th anniversary. Having our first daughter put paid to that idea, we then changed it to our 7th but the second daughter popping along changed our plans again lol. We have now decided that WE ARE doing it for our 10th anniversary in 2017.
      After reading all of your posts regarding the prices i have to say i am gobsmacked at them, when we were married we took the flowers with us as they were silk, and just went with the wedding package that was included in the price we paid.
      We did book a table at the a la carte restaurant that was there at the time which was nice as the total amount of people that were there including the two of us was a whopping 13 lol, we had the hotel photographer and as we decided not to go with the holiday operator prices that were being charged for them we made a deal with the photographer that if we were asked by the operator if we purchased the wedding pics and said no he would supply them at half the price but only on disc that we could print at home, he was an absolute star. Granted the 10 hour flight home was nerve wracking wondering if i had been had but am happy to say that every picture that was taken at our wedding was on the disc and printed at every size needed.
      For our renewal there will only be myself, the hubby and both of our daughters there no family this time (way too much stress last time lol plus my mam has sinced passed)
      Im now wondering if they actually do a renewal option that is basically just the use of the little gazebo near the beach where we were married in 07 and the photographer, we dont need a wedding package and are not bothered about a reception afterwards as we did all that the first time.
      Please could the lovely lady that started this thread please email me if possible the info in her very first post? My email address is lynsey.parry@hotmail.com thank you and i hope that all of you are not fretting to much about your big days and that they are everything yhat you have dreamt about xxx

Edited by linzip, 16 July 2014 - 08:05 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royalton, white sands, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users