Royalton White Sands

We just got back from Jamaica for some site visits and a wedding at the Grand Palladium.  We had a blast at the Royalton's site visit and I was wondering if you were the asian couple in the hotel's wedding pictures.  I was wondering if you could forward all the pricing for the resort. Did you have any kids that were part of the party? DId they have any promotions for the kids (i.e. 50% or kids under 5 free) Anything would be appreciated to help with our special day.

THANKS AGAIn
DIANNE AND BRYAN

Hello BRIDES

I am very lazy... and now was able to sit my butt down to write down my experiences with the RWS

We got married Dec 5th 2014

Total number of guest about 40

Free package added Jamaican experience!!!

Ceremony was @ the beach gazebo.

The days prior to your wedding, you'll have a meeting with the wedding coord there and "finalize" and picture where things would be.

- make sure if are bringing centre pieces etc... bring pictures so when the crew sets it up. they know exactly what to do (THEY ARE ALL VERY GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO AND WILL DO THEIR BEST TO SATISFY YOUR VISION)

Ceremony (Beach)

- sound system very good

- bring longer music that you like, walk way is fairly long (I think)

- usually during the day; its quite windy there

- salty wind was blowing directly at my face (hehe)

Cocktail hour was held there

- Jamaican experience app were amazing, accord to my guest (didn't get a chance to try them)

- had people playing drums during this time.. was great

Dinner area was at the beach area

- in front of the infinity pool area for us

- they have 3 palm trees around the area

- lighting, you could bring your own lightly if you want for more decor options

- we tried to do that with some lanterns, BUT it was too windy during the set up, so that optioned failed...

- but they provided adequate lighting , I would just choose the basic package for lighting (more than enough)

Jamaican experience included 

- rum tasting, served alcohol for 3 hours (they set up their bar area really well)

-reggae band was amazing!!!  I felt that was the highlight for our night which made every thing run so smoothly.

- we also paid for DJ.... yes quite $$$ BUT, he wasn't the resort's DJ so someone from outside.. 

- don't recommend paying extra for a dance floor... because I think if you are on the beach its fun just to be barefoot and dance... my opinion. PLUS is cost  ALOT of $$$

THE FOOD was good... its comparable to the beach party food that they have on MONDAYS.

Kids are half price (I think) 

Hope that helps.. 

Remember, you guys will be in JAMAICA...enjoy the scenery and weather!!!

Your post came at perfect timing! I sent in my first "finalizing details" sheet today and had to pick my jaw up from the floor when she sent the invoice back. I also have the beach gazebo ceremony and beach reception with the jamaica experience.

I'm expecting about 50 guest.

How was the buffet style jamaica exp dinner setup?

Did you have a tent or bamboo structure? I want the romantic feeling but wondering if it's worth having any structure at all.

I considered the wooden dance floor because I thought it would be "easier" to dance on while creating a designated dance space. You make a good point though.

I asked her about lighting and she sent a quote for basic lighting and then a picture for another package which looks like the picture I attached.

If not too personal, would you mind posting a pic of your reception area? I totally understand if you don't want to.

Thank you so much @@dec2014star

Hi @@NoRad!  Our wedding is April 25, 2015 at the Royalton so we're right by you! We decided to hire an outside photographer since we wanted someone who could be there for most of the day for a more reasonable rate. We hired Marcia Roberts - her website is www.jamaicanphotography.com if you want to take a look. She came very highly recommended and we're excited to work with her.

I'm also trying to get more organized now and figure out what still needs to get done, the big day is coming up sooo fast!  :)

What kind of package were u offered n cost for Marcia

Hi Pam and everyone else =)

Hey Polly! Haven’t talked to you in a while! :) I added all my responses in red! <3

I really put the planning to the back burner but should start more working at it again.

I did too – the wedding planner told me we wouldn’t start planning until June for my November 18th, 2014 wedding BUT this issue with may date changing changed everything! Now I’ve told her I want to start planning now and getting things more organized and she says that’s fine.

Again our wedding will be this year December as mentioned before.

YAY Congrats!

I think Pam we are kinda have a similar vision as to what we want.

I also have more than 20ppl...35 so far?

Wow, 35 – that’s awesome!

I am also thinking of beach reception, so my understanding is that is cost 300 to set up the beach reception, probably more for  decor?

Yup, ladies please note it WAS $10 per person for beach or poolside reception set up! But that’s been changed! It’s now $300 for set up total which is great – I save some money! Yup décor is definitely extra!

I havn't really looked at what the Al la carte entails.

We’re hosting our rehearsal dinner at the Italian a la carte! I wanted the steakhouse but it’s too small for my group!

Did you receive any other pics or brochures from them?

Polly, I’ll email you everything I have again so you have everything that’s new!

And I just want to ask everyone about photography.

- in the package; there is a 1hour photographer included but probably not going to use it for the rest of the day

I'm just wondering what you guys think about this.  My aunt and uncle does wedding photography for family and church friends...they are not professional per se... they don't have samples or anything like that.  I have asked them to help me for the videography but they said they will bring all their equipment and they even said that they have this underwater cam and can do shots there too...

But somehow I am having some second thought? They have paid their deposits and my Fi and I are planning on paying for the rest of their trip. On one end we are saving some $$ because a professional photographer will cost at least 3-4grand plus the 450vendor fee? =( Any thoughts girls?

I would say go with your heart! I will be honest, my fiancé’s aunt is a photographer BUT she does landscapes! She did my engagement party and I just have to be honest and say I wasn’t happy! ….sorry if that’s bad :( She offered to do the wedding as well and this time I respectfully declined! Photos are 2nd most important to me! <3 I would suggest looking around and getting quotes for sure! Go with your gut!

So far I’ve gotten quotes from:

Stacey Clarke

Merrick Cousley

Visual Embrace

Marcia E Roberts

Brian Nejedly

Saab Weddings

I’m waiting on a quote from Dwayne Watkins and then Fi and I will decide! It’s honestly very hard to decide – at least for me – probably because it’s so BEYOND important for me! <3

Is anyone going to have the ceremony at the beach gazebo? did anyone talk about decorations there yet?

I’m getting married on the beach (not gazebo) so we’re renting a Chuppah/canopy…..the Royalton works with Tai Flora - here’s the link: http://www.taiflora.com/index.php

And also, is anyone having a legal ceremony there? as oppose to the other one I forgot the name

We’re having a legal ceremony! YAY! I immigrated to Canada so I’m going to have to get my birth certificate notarized and then translated from Spanish into English I think! I have to look into this!

Sorry this seems to be a very long post.

Don’t even worry about it – that’s what we’re here for – to help each other!

Again happy planning everyone.

I heard Chasity Artistry Rashel Edwards is pretty good for hair and make-up.. u can find her on FB My co worker used her and I booked her as well

You booked Rashel Edwards for BOTH hair and makeup? Be warned! I read on that policies and procedures document that as of this moment the Royalton is ONLY allowing Photographers and Videographers as outside vendors. Everything else HAS to be their preferred vendor! Did you confirm with Laura (wedding planner) that you can bring Rashel Edwards in? Let me know!

Wishing you all the best Polly!

Keep us posted with your plans and good luck!

Pam

Wow great post

didn't know so many photographers

can you send price quotes

Hi ladies! 

I am new to this forum.  I am currently looking into the Royalton for my wedding in July of 2016.  I was wondering if someone could email me (Laura.Johnson325@@gmail.com) the PDF regarding the wedding packages so I could look over the pricing!  This seems like such a great forum for support!

Thanks in advance, 

Laura