Our wedding is just a little over two months away, so these invitations were sent awhile back. I finally have a chance to post and to share them with all you lovely brides and grooms (possibly a few here?). This forum has been so helpful when we gather our ideas, so I thought we would do the same for others.
It took us about two weeks from the designing phase to putting it all together to make a total of 60 invitations. My fiance and I did all the designing, scoring, folding, gluing, cutting, corner punching, stuffing and ribbon tying. We tried do a little bit after dinner every night and during the weekend, so it was definitely a labour of love.
We were really particular to the minor details as well, even when we know our guests may not pay as much attention to it. However, both of us knew that we were doing it for ourselves and we are really proud of it. It definitely helps that our friends and family loved it a lot! They really appreciate the efforts that was put into the invitations.
I am sorry that I can't remember all the invitations that I have seen, but I want to thank everyone that has previously posted their own work here. I am sure I found some inspiration from all of your beautiful work. So THANK YOU!!!
- We researched a lot of ideas and try to find things that we would like to include. We downloaded the outline template @ Aylee Bits (http://www.ayleebits...-save-the-date/) THANK YOU! and did all of our designing in Photoshop.
TOOLS (We will be reusing some of the tools for other DIY projects)
- Trimmer/Scorer from Walmart @ $20
- Corner Puncher from Michaels @ $10
- Starfish Punch from Michaels @ $13
- Scissors from Home @ FREE
- Ruler from Home @ FREE
- Ribbons from Walmart @ $0.50 x 4 rolls
- Perforator from Walmart @ $3
- Flowers Pins from Michaels @ $2.99 x 50 pcs x 2 boxes
- Double sided tape from Michaels @ $1.50 x 2 rolls
- Colour Cardstock (65lbs) from Michaels @ $3.80 x 6 stacks of 50 pcs - There are five colours and we are using one set of the mint/green for the invitations, the other set of mint/green will be used for our passport welcome book, so it's about $0.19 per sheet.
- White Cardstock (65lbs) from Staples @ $14.99 x 250 sheets - Between testing and errors, we used about 100 sheets, so that's about $0.06 per sheet.
Everything we bought from Michaels were all from using coupons! We hand delivered majority of the invitations and only had to mail a few to overseas guests. So including the mail costs and tax, we spent around $100 (including the tools that we are reusing for other projects), making it approximately $1.70 per invitation.
Tools & Materials
Boarding Pass Sleeve