Azul Beach Weddings 2015

2015 Brides

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#191 MariCorrea23

MariCorrea23
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

On the small print of that link there is something saying that for Azul Beach only weddings taking place in September will be complimentary ! @ng2015 when is your wedding exactly ? have you checked if you are being charged this too on your wedding builder website ??

And Lucy Menna was the one that told be that I could only use fake flowers :(

#192 ng2015

ng2015
    • Site Supporter
    • 70 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel, Mexico

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

@MariCorrea23 my wedding is January 2015. I see what you mean about September in the fine print. We're going to have approximately 30 rooms so I just asked to see if they'll work with me. Like I said, you gotta put up a fight sometimes but they usually come around. 

#193 KaraEbeth

KaraEbeth
    • Site Supporter
    • 93 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 27, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
    • LocationCentral Ohio

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

@MariCorrea23 @ng2015 so the Always and Forever is only complimentary in the month of September? Hm I overlooked that as well! I dont think I'll end up qualifying anyways. We have quite a few of our friends being total pains about the resort and wanting to stay elsewhere Uggh! I was under the assumption one of the Memorable Moments packages was just the decor an you still had to pay for the ceremony in addition to that. @MariCorrea23 if your coordinator is still putting up a fight about flowers....which is ridiculous...I would just tell her you're bringing fake ones down and in the meantime set everything up with an outside vendor to stop the flowers off....I really wish they would get rid of Lomas. They are terrible.
    @ng2015 I saw your pic of the OOT bags, love them! Now to fill them lol.

#194 ng2015

ng2015
    • Site Supporter
    • 70 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel, Mexico

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

@KaraEbeth Thanks! now I just need to see what sales are like at the end of the summer. Like I said on fb, we might just hit up the costco/walmart there for things like sunscreen and aloe gel instead of bringing it with us. Although I'm scared that they won't have that stuff in January (even though it's Mexico and I would think that they have that stuff year round). 

@MariCorrea23 Wow! That's a surprise about Lucy and the flowers!! I would just do what Kara said and say that you're bringing in fake flowers and then make your own accommodation for an outside flower company. Just keep in mind that you won't be able to have them delivered to the door of the hotel. You'll have to do what Talicea said in her blog and have them delivered to the gate and send either the groom and groomsmen to get them or someone else that's trustworthy.

#195 talicea7812

talicea7812
    • 416 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
    • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hi everyone! Just reading through the past few comments, sounds like nothing has changed with azul/ karisma.

Ladies.... I was married April 12 at azul beach and I brought in fresh flowers. I used Marvin at maya floral. The original plan and agreement as stated on my wedding worksheet was that I would be supplying the flowers. They would be delivered to the first gate (main enterance to the resort off the Main Street) my hubs and groomsmen were going to take a cab to pick them up.

Once on site without even putting up a fight...the wc's said they could be delivered to the resort gate. The day of...the flowers were brought to the lobby. I received a call from the front desk. The guys went to to grab the flowers and delivered the bouquets to my room and centerpieces to the wedding offices.

Everything was perfect and I saved tons:)

#196 MariCorrea23

MariCorrea23
    • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

@talicea7812 It is sooooo frustraring and it seems like a lost battle , I read your whole stream of posts ( its awesome btw) I tried talking to the coordinator, to my travel agent and even a Karisma wedding supervisor. They made me feel like I was crazy for not wanting to pay for the wedding package since we were already paying for a wedding decoration one, or even wanting to get my own flowers. When I mentioned I read about your wedding they first asked me if I really "knew" you, and that I should be aware because there are "lies" going around. I am so tired of them me and my fiance really feel defeated in the whole process. I just wanted to have a stress free wedding and thats not working . 

#197 talicea7812

talicea7812
      • 416 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
      • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Oh man... Honestly, my wedding was beautiful and I loved my stay at azul but I would never recommend for someone to marry there. Lomas is the biggest rip off ever!

Also... Beware the cake! They wanted to charge like $12 a slice for the cake. Believe me it was not worth it. I ended up getting it for free... But if I paid they woulda heard about it

As to the lies going around... Azul has ppl that review sites like this. While in the process of planning my travel agent emailed me about the complaints I had been discussing on bdw and she told me they have ppl that check into the sites. I'm sure my planning blog was reviewed at some point. Btw- I'm not looking to tell lies on here. The anger and frustration I experienced with planning was awful. I know many girls just want to have a beautiful but affordable wedding. Azul wants u to have the beautiful part the affordable part... Not so much

#198 MariCorrea23

MariCorrea23
      • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

I believe you ... I have been going through the same struggles and its difficult to enjoy the process to say the least 

#199 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
        • Vendor
        • 183 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

what a shame I love that place, small enough to find your guest all around and have a great time before, during and after the wedding, well I hope they change that soon!

Here my favorite wedding I did in Azul Fives!

http://www.luckiepho...y-angela-jesse/

#200 LilianneT

LilianneT
          • 3 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 7, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Azul beach hotel
          • LocationCanada

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

I am in he exact same situation!

Azul beach is a serious rip off!!! I am paying for the pearl wedding package? $950- which includes white linens, chair covers, etc.

To rent the items in color its $4+.  so i found the items online much cheaper and wanted to bring them.  the hotel wants to charge me up to $5 per person to set up the items!!! the things i would like to bring are the same items they will be setting out anyway! only in color!  How do they justify that? Not to mention if I do a private banquet, I am paying an additional per person charge!

Azul is killing pretty much every wedding dream.  I chose destination bc its supposed to be more affordable...but with all the charges/fees etc. it keeps adding up! No matter how i try to save money once were down there...Azul has some sort of policy that wont allow it any other way but theirs.

im 2 months away and nothing is done...just typing this im practically in tears. i hate this resort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users