@@talicea7812 the photographer was willing to work with me and offered to pay half the fee, instead I asked if he would just discount his package since it's pretty much the same thing. That way there is just one payment being made to the hotel and he agreed with that.

I am so thankful I have read these forums from past brides talking about photographers offering to work out a deal to offset the fee. I would have never known to ask. Most of the photographers I contacted were more than willing to help me out. Some though you had to purchase a certain tier pkg for them to give me a discount. I only came across maybe two that weren't really helpful about it and wouldn't discount their prices.

And yes these brides complaining about $300 outside vendor fee....that's nothing!

• Like 1

@@KaraEbeth

@@talicea7812

I booked my photographer/videographer already and they wouldn't discount their price but rather they threw in an extra hour for free. Since I really liked their work, I already signed a contract agreeing to that.  They're really the only ones that I'm concerned about. I'm still up in the air about the DJ, if I should go with Doremixx or the Lomas DJ. And finally, if I do flowers, I'm going to do what @@talicea7812 suggested about driving to the security gate to avoid the outside vendor fee. 

...$300! I WISH! lol

@@ng2015

Isn't it about the same price if you were to do Doremixx??? I think I looked into him a while ago and the prices were similar.  Book a room and put all their names on it- Photo, Video & DJ :)

Hello brides!

Talicea that's a great strategy, congratulations your wedding is getting more closer!

We also we have different packages to suit your budget!

http://www.OctavioMontes.com

post-238129-0-19937200-1395427996_thumb.jpg

post-238129-0-54782100-1395251277_thumb.jpg

If you are interested have a look at our site, we have galleries there, I assure you delighted to stay and the prices are very affordable! 

if you have doubts or questions gladly attend you your doubts.

Have a nice day, Greetings!

@@ng2015

Isn't it about the same price if you were to do Doremixx??? I think I looked into him a while ago and the prices were similar.  Book a room and put all their names on it- Photo, Video & DJ :)

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hola Future Brides,

Im back from Mexico and newly named Mrs. Lewis!!! I have so much to say about Azul but it would take forever sharing my experiences and reviews on the various threads.  If you're interested in the details check out Tina's Peacock
Wedding Planning Blog.  I'm adding more info everyday! Now that its over im so jealous of all you guys! Im planning a small AHR/ picture & viewing party just so I can wear my dress again!

• Like 2

@@talicea7812 I've been following your posts! The pics you've posted so far are beautiful and I'm so glad you had a good time! I I still need to start my planning thread as well. Since you left I've signed the contract for our at home reception. We're doing that May 2nd of next year. We return March 1st from the wedding so I thought about 2 months was a good amount of time. Also, I'm shopping around for a new photographer, had everything arranged with Juan Navarro but just no contract signed yet but this guy has been giving me the run around and my gut is telling me to go with someone else. He hasn't been replying to my emails very timely, I would have to send a follow up email to get a reply back at all. Then when he sent me the contract the deposit amount wasn't what we had previously discussed...we had discussed me paying the deposit without the discount applied and then the final amt I would pay the day of would have the discount taken off that. Well he discounted the entire price on the contract, not a big deal 9same price in the end) but it made my payment the day of more rather than me having a larger deposit. So I emailed him to fix it to what we had agreed upon and he acted confused about what i was asking then finally said he would just make the invoice he sent me through paypal for the remaining 60% price and i could pay 40% the day of. Well that was a week ago Friday and I still haven't gotten a reply back so I have made the decision to just find someone else.....he doesn't' seem very reliable and I am very disappointing because his pictures are gorgeous.

@@KaraEbeth

that sucks about the photographer but don't sign with anyone you're not 100% comfortable with.  The wedding pics are sooo important. you don't want your wedding day to roll around and have any bad feelings towards the guy.  it will show in your pics. 
There are sooo many talented photographers in Mexico! Have you looked into playa weddings? they also do video if your interested

I am also trying to plan a little something here at home.  its not going to be anything big.  just a get together at my father in laws.  We're thinking Mexican food- tacos, dips, guacamole type food... then revealing our wedding photos (which no one has seen) and the video.  We get our pics in 6-8 weeks and people keep asking to see them so before they get posted to social media we thought it would be a nice way to "show them off."

At first we were thinking June but the video takes 10-12 weeks so that puts us into July.  It really doesn't matter to me.  More time to save bc I am going to have a photographer come out again (hopefully same as Mexico) and do the pics I missed out on thanks to the wedding planner.  Then we can do some family photos too with the grandmom, cousins, etc.  Not to mention its an excuse to put the dress on one more time.  We'll see... Its going to be very informal- to the point we will just use facebook invites.  I figure we spent enough in Mexico and my daughter bday is in July. 

We are actually thinking about doing a dual party... 1-1.5 hours for Mexican fiesta viewing party then an hour/hour and a half for Aubrey's "Tea for Two" bday.  So people who come for the whole time will get dinner the first half and the tea party half will be cake & sweets. Everything is in early planning so we'll see how it all works out

@@KaraEbeth I picked playa weddings photography and they were super fast to reply; pretty much same day. They also helped offset the vendor fee and they shoot a lot of Azul Beach weddings so it's great that they're familiar with the venue!! I've put my deposit down with them, getting married December 18th :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk