187 replies to this topic

#161 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
  • 87 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

Question for you that have had their wedding there, do you guys do a dress rehearsal? my WC said they dont do that but I am not comfortable not having a dress rehearsal especially since I dont have the usual procession.

#162 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Question for you that have had their wedding there, do you guys do a dress rehearsal? my WC said they dont do that but I am not comfortable not having a dress rehearsal especially since I dont have the usual procession.

You can book a rehearsal but there is a charge. If you require your officiant to be present it is an additional cost as well. If you simply want to do a quick run through with the onsite coordinators this can be scheduled.

#163 mazarin

mazarin
  • 28 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2015

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

I've got a sketch of the garden area along with dimensions and where exactly the trees are. It's a JPEG file and i don't think i'm qualified yet to post pics to this forum. Let me know if you want it and i can email it to you. 

#164 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
  • 87 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 12, 2015
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

You can book a rehearsal but there is a charge. If you require your officiant to be present it is an additional cost as well. If you simply want to do a quick run through with the onsite coordinators this can be scheduled.

Perfect! Thanks so much! All I want is a quick run through, our officiant is off site and I will ask him to come for the rehearsal. I am did ask for a quick walk through, it doesn't even need to be at the same place but I do just want everyone to know where and what they are doing.

#165 LuisaB

LuisaB
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives, Riviera Maya

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

I've got a sketch of the garden area along with dimensions and where exactly the trees are. It's a JPEG file and i don't think i'm qualified yet to post pics to this forum. Let me know if you want it and i can email it to you. 

Hi can you please send me this luisab820@yahoo.com GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

#166 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

@mazarin

If you could PLEASE send it to me, that would be awesome. I have tried to tell from Google Earth, pictures, everything and I'm at a total loss. My email is gmail.com'>khmciver@gmail.com

Thank you so so much!

Wedding Date: November 1, 2014
Wedding Location: Azul Fives Hotel in Playa del Carmen

Photographer: Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell
http://www.photosincancun.com

Decoration Rentals: Love & Lace Wedding Decor
https://www.facebook...oveandlacedecor

#167 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:17 AM

Hi!! I'm so sorry to ask you again, but would you mind please emailing me the garden info you have? My wedding is in 3 weeks and it would be so helpful. khmciver@gmail.com. Thank you so so much!

Wedding Date: November 1, 2014
Wedding Location: Azul Fives Hotel in Playa del Carmen

Photographer: Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell
http://www.photosincancun.com

Decoration Rentals: Love & Lace Wedding Decor
https://www.facebook...oveandlacedecor

#168 lhills

lhills
  • 40 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, MX
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

I've been a bad bride... Had my wedding, started a review and f***ed right off, sorry guys!! 

@kriziac, our reception on the sky deck was simply amazing, 5 months later we're all still talking about how fantastic this resort was! Here's a photo of how our reception was set up. Yes, it was windy, but the staff were really good about making sure everything was secure (ie. rocks inside my centerpieces, etc)

Attached File  Reception 16166083_fullweb.jpg   182.33KB   6 downloads 

This one shows what would be behind the tables in the previous photo, we had 30 guests and there was still plenty of room for dancing/mingling. You can see the bar in the background too. And yes, we were having a freaking blast dancing our pants off, lol! 

Attached File  Reception 16535587_fullweb.jpg   152.5KB   6 downloads 

Here's one more which gives you a bit more of an idea as to the size of the space. The resort provided us with a Salsa instructor (lots of fun, but very basic) and we had plenty of room for all of us to participate.

Attached File  Petschek_140510_0518.jpg   73.16KB   4 downloads

Hope this helps! I'm off to work on more of my review, hope to get most of it done this weekend, it's been a nagging thought in the back of my mind for months now!

Edited by lhills, 11 October 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#169 Vickiw89

Vickiw89
  • 39 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya Mexico

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:37 AM

@lhills thanks for the info. I'm worried about lighting on the sky deck. Is all the lights that are in your pick just standard or did u pay extra for the ones on the gazebo?x

#170 lhills

lhills
  • 40 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, MX
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:58 AM

@Vickiw89 the lighting shown in the photos is standard. It's really bright during the day, everything is white up there. PM me your email and I'll send more photos of how it looks at night, if you'd like to see more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users