@

reynbow just so you know there is a planning 2015 thread as well! As a heads up, I plan on paying the outside vendor fee twice for a DJ and photography/videography. It sucks I know, but I feel that those are the two things that can absolutely make or break a wedding. Flowers I dont really care about. The DJ that is outside the resort with the best reviews on here is DJMoxill(spelling?) His prices cost just about the same or less than the DJ for Lomas. I cant find any info on their DJ so there is no way I am biting that bullet! @kmk2016 so excited you went to the rehearsal! Can you tell us more about it for us brides that arent able to go? Well, I guess let me rephrase that, do you think that it was worth the money going to the rehearsal?? I am debating whether I should go or can I just do most of the stuff through here? 
  • Like 2

I was just reading the information that the wedding coordinator sent to me. I was wondering if it is possible to have a cocktail hour somewhere where we won't get charged the $8 per person like in the sky deck. We're already paying extra for the dinner on the terrace and we just want to skip that fee again. Has anyone else done it? what are the options? 

@kmk2016 so excited you went to the rehearsal! Can you tell us more about it for us brides that arent able to go? Well, I guess let me rephrase that, do you think that it was worth the money going to the rehearsal?? I am debating whether I should go or can I just do most of the stuff through here? 

The rehearsal, for me was worth it... to see the actual spaces live and in person. I dont think the actual vendor presentations were vital- but my site tour with the wedding coordinator there at the hotel was invaluable. It makes for a great weekend, but if you cant swing it- your wedding wont suffer... but I suggest doing it if you can! I guess another factor would be the cost of your flights, if you can get a good price- go for it!

That being said, Im home so if anyone has any questions about Karisma's wedding packages/policies... I can try to answer them... I asked a ZILLION questions and took a book full of notes, so I may be able to help! (I wont be much help specific to Fives, since we decided to host at Sensatori- but they all follow the same policies and process when it comes to weddings)

• Like 1

@@Lilgabri03@@Lilgabri03

@

reynbow just so you know there is a planning 2015 thread as well! As a heads up, I plan on paying the outside vendor fee twice for a DJ and photography/videography. It sucks I know, but I feel that those are the two things that can absolutely make or break a wedding. Flowers I dont really care about. The DJ that is outside the resort with the best reviews on here is DJMoxill(spelling?) His prices cost just about the same or less than the DJ for Lomas. I cant find any info on their DJ so there is no way I am biting that bullet! @kmk2016 so excited you went to the rehearsal! Can you tell us more about it for us brides that arent able to go? Well, I guess let me rephrase that, do you think that it was worth the money going to the rehearsal?? I am debating whether I should go or can I just do most of the stuff through here?

Thanks @@Lilgabri03! I'm probably gonna pay the 3 room nights for the photographer and DJ (in lieu of $800 each) too. And I highly recommend the Brides Dress Rehearsal. Such a great deal and it was truly worth it to see the venue options in person.

Are brides still able to bring their own decorations or does Lomas not allow this either anymore??

Edited by reynbow

i have a question for all you brides that have already been down there or married. I will be picking food soon. Who has had what and what has tasted delicious? I want to be able to give my guests chicken and fish possibly for dinner. Can someone make some recommendations on food?

Also, I am seeing that the food includes open bar right?

i have a question for all you brides that have already been down there or married. I will be picking food soon. Who has had what and what has tasted delicious? I want to be able to give my guests chicken and fish possibly for dinner. Can someone make some recommendations on food?

Also, I am seeing that the food includes open bar right?

I was at the brides dress rehearsal earlier this month and I can tell you first hand the food IS delicious. For an AI the food truly is "Gourmet inclusive" as they promise. I think you will be very happy.

In addition, yes an open bar is included in your private events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks kmk2016, is there anything specific you would recommend for the dinner and for the cake flavor? Like maybe one or two that stood above the rest?

I will go back and read my notes on the dishes... But the cakes I can remember- the chocolate with chocolate cream, red velvet and champagne with cream were all delicious. I would stay away from the cupcakes as they were all terrible but the cakes were great even with the fondant icing. They go a little heavy in the cream icing between the layers but it makes it super moist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have to pick my food too! I'm now at 125 people!! I didn't realize so many people want to come to a destination wedding! Question for you all - who are you using as photographers? Are you bringing your own or hiring someone there? Thanks!

@ we're bringing our own because we were not very impressed with the resort ones and their prices were not great either. We hired Octavio Montes for the video and photos so we will pay the $800 once :).