Sign in to follow this  
MelV521

Hi, I'm New Here! 2015 Bride Planning In Riviera Maya, Mexico.

I'm in Chicago too, and I am having a June 2014 wedding in Riviera Maya!  Our TA has been incredible...J & J destinations.  Any time there is a problem, she takes care of the communication with the resort. :)

@@MelV521 if you wouldnt mind can you let us know which resorts you saw and why you ended up liking those two? I am wondering if my FI and I should make a trip to Mexico to review resorts? How did you go about doing this? Where did you stay? Any details you can give would be great!!!

Good afternoon! We just got engaged Dec 22nd and I have already picked a date! January 31, 2015. I am torn between Now Sapphire, Dreams Rivera Cancun, and Azul Beach Resort. We will probably only have 20-25 guests to our wedding, so it will be small. Does anyone have any pros and cons to these resorts?

Congrats and happy planning!

I just received and email that said that as of April 30, 2014 the Dreams Riviera Cancun will no longer be a dreams, but she didn't say what it was going to be. The lady, Claudia, did say that they are unable to accept any wedding bookings past that date.

Hi ladies

I too am getting married in 2015.  We've chosen Sapphire Now.   The wedding date will be April 25,2015.   Happy Planning ladies, I am super excited.  I've heard so many great things about Sapphire now.

Can't wait until our big day!

I'm going to correct my post with apologies. It's Dreams Cancun that will no longer be a Dreams resort as of April 30, 2014. Don't know yet who will be taking it over. The Dreams Riviera Cancun will remain an AMR Resort! Some of these resort names are tough to keep track of!

Hello, 

My name is Melissa, and I'm excited to be a part of the BDW community.

My fiancé and I have been engaged for 7 months now, and we just started to get into our planning. We visited Mexico this past December and after visiting a few hotels, we've decided on either Azul Fives or Grand Velas Riviera Maya for a wedding May of 201. 

We realize these are two very different hotels, price points and experiences overall, but we love them both. We've received contracts from both and find the process a bit overwhelming. If anyone has any advice regarding negotiations or recommendations on the properties, your point of view would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, since we live in Chicago,we're also considering engaging a wedding planner. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Congrats to everyone and I appreciate your help,

Melissa

Hello and WELCOME!  How is your planning going so far?

@@CurlyKristen I just stumbled across Azul Beach in my research for a destination wedding and it looks amazing! I am also looking at Moon and Beach Palace, and Dreams Riviera Cancun. Azul Beach seems very affordable for the guests, and they also seem to have very generous wedding packages. I would be going with the complimentary wedding package, and then adding everything on. Aparently, if you do a reception dinner on the beach, it ranges from $14-30 per person, which includes EVERYTHING - dinner, drinks, tables, chairs, set up fee, etc. A lot of the other resorts nickel and dime you for all of that stuff. I went on Azul Beach's website and got on the live chat feature, and chatted for a half hour with one of their wedding planners, and got such great information!

Here are the links that really helped me!

http://karismahotels...ip.com/i/183324

http://www.memorable...otherLinkTest=0

I'll keep you posted on my learnings!