52 replies to this topic

#11 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

I think I figured it out! I had to go and start a new topic to be able to add the attachment like you said, but I didn't start the new topic just added the file. Now I think its in my file. Anyhow here my DIY pre-travel brochure! Let me know what you think!

Edited by csho, 10 January 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#12 BeachBrideToBe

BeachBrideToBe
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

This is such a great idea! Can I ask you where you found the template or if you designed it yourself?

I know it is still super early but I just enjoy doing this kind of stuff and it's one more thing to cross off my checklist!

I would like to thank many of you for giving me so much inspiration and also for some of my text which I borrowed from all your great ideas.

FYI I do not plan to mail these until about one or two months before our wedding Lol

Question for you ladies: when are you planning on sending out your pre travel info? Are you sending it separately from your invitations? I have a lot of this info on our wedding website, however, I'm not convinced anyone is reading it :(

I think I figured it out! I had to go and start a new topic to be able to add the attachment like you said, but I didn't start the new topic just added the file. Now I think its in my file. Anyhow here my DIY pre-travel brochure! Let me know what you think!

#13 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
    • Site Supporter
    • 206 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

That looks really great!

#14 ylime12344

ylime12344
    • 27 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

looks great thanks for sharing

#15 colonialbride87

colonialbride87
      • 24 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

Very nice!!

#16 vanessav53

vanessav53
        • Site Supporter
        • 210 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

@BeachBrideToBe my wedding is June 7th, 2014. I am sending out my invitations early march because I will need to know head count and dinner choice by the time I work on my wedding planning form for the resort ( mid-april)

One month before I am going to be sending out a pre-travel brochure, 2 luggage tags & a CD of songs that my fiance and I will put together to get everyone pumped for mexico. So around May 1st I will send out pre-travel packet.

Hope this helps!

#17 deedeelala

deedeelala
          • 59 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 27, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Iberostar Paraiso Maya

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

I still can't see the image :( 

This is such a great idea! Can I ask you where you found the template or if you designed it yourself?

Question for you ladies: when are you planning on sending out your pre travel info? Are you sending it separately from your invitations? I have a lot of this info on our wedding website, however, I'm not convinced anyone is reading it :(

I got the template from Vistaprint, they have a lot of different options to choose from. 

I am planning on sending out the pre travel info a month before we depart for the wedding. I decided not to do formal invitations because most of guests have booked already and I just didn't see the point anymore. I too have a wedding website and doubt anyone reads anything on it haha. I heard about a wedding app called appy couple where you can also send notifications to your guests. I will have to look more into it. 

#18 kdnolan

kdnolan
          • 168 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

This is a great idea, I didn't do formal invites either, just kind of thought they were a waste of money, but definitely going to do this!! Also love the Packing List!

#19 csho

csho
            • 1,007 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
            • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

I still can't see the image :(

Hmmm I totally thought it was there. But now I can't find it at all :(

Hope it works this  time :)

It only comes up as a word document. But hopefully you'll be able to see it.

@BeachBrideToBe I sent some of this information on my invitations and then directed guests to my website that had a bunch of information. I am going to send these Pre-Travel Brochures only to guests who have confirmed they are coming to the wedding. I am sending them about 6 weeks ahead of time along with luggage tags I made for everyone.

#20 vanessav53

vanessav53
            • Site Supporter
            • 210 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

@deedeelala when you are in vistaprint do you choose brochure and then the templates pop up? I couldn't find it this AM when I looked! I'll keep playing around with the site to see if it works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users