Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
  • 308 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

Wow! I wish I had of known that! Their photos are amazing! We hired a private Cuban photographer (he's photos are great too) and we're paying $1100 as well! Had I known of them I would have hired them forsure! That's so cheap! I looked into one here who is amazing but it was going to be about $3000 and that was too much for me.

I thought $1,100  was a mistake when they told me because you get two of them plus they pay their own way and you get trash the dress the next day.  I hear you on the $3,000 the whole point on this destination wedding was to save money or at least for my FI and I. We starting planning here but it got out of control fast between what we wanted and what his mother wanted.

#12 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

I thought $1,100  was a mistake when they told me because you get two of them plus they pay their own way and you get trash the dress the next day.  I hear you on the $3,000 the whole point on this destination wedding was to save money or at least for my FI and I. We starting planning here but it got out of control fast between what we wanted and what his mother wanted.

Yeah we wanted to save money as well. And that was about half the cost of the rest of the wedding and that just seemed too much for me. In the end I am happy with the choice we made because we will have great photos at a price that was reasonable for us and we are supporting the a Cuban photographer. And he has really great reviews.

#13 vbphoto

vbphoto
  • Vendor
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:57 AM

I am thinking either the Majestic Colonial or Majestic Elegance! We are going to visit it this February to make sure it is the place for us!

Great choice Kailey!  I've been to both resorts several times, the Colonial is a little less expensive and a little older however it's very nice.  The Elegance is a little newer and slightly more expensive.  They're nearly mirror images of each other with the beautiful long pool down the middle and rooms stretching down either side. When I shoot on the Colonial side I always bring my Brides/Grooms to the Elegance side for additional photos - there are some crazy-cool spots on both sides. They do a great job with their weddings, you'll be in good hands!  Happy planning!

Wedding Photographer, have to say Punta Cana is my current fav'

#14 amandab36

amandab36
    • 181 posts
    • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
    • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

Welcome Kailey!! Happy planning!

#15 jwalsh

jwalsh
    • 165 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
    • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

We went with Majestic Colonial :) So far the WC has been great and you can find tons of info if you join the group just look up Majestic Colonial Brides!!  The page has helped me so much for planning and for what to expect :)

#16 nurselaura

nurselaura
    • Site Supporter
    • 30 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Congrats!!  That is an amazing price!!!  We are paying so much more than that for our guests flying from Toronto, however we're getting married in Punta Cana...  Good luck with your planning!

#17 rvalenka

rvalenka
      • 353 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
      • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

Congrats and Happy Planning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 Rainmaker

Rainmaker
      • 186 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 1, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

Congratulations!

#19 Mandiesue

Mandiesue
      • 309 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Dreams La Romana
      • LocationDominica Republic

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Congrats. I'm an April 2015 bride in DR.

#20 tesa

tesa
      • 170 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 5, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

Congratulations and welcome! I'll be getting married in Punta Cana in July!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users