What is your favorite Hawaiian Island?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:04 AM

My Hawaiian family lives in Diamond Head so I go to Oahu. My favorite place is Lanikai...so pretty!

Next time we want to try another island. I may have to go to see the fam before I can skip to another island, but I am determined to get off Oahu...lol

Where have you been? If you've been to more than one island how do they compare?

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

I haven't been to any of the Hawaiian Islands but wanted to join this thread so i can see all the responses since we are getting married on Molokai and trying to decide on which other Island to have our HM.

BTW - you are so lucky you have family living there!!!!

#3 bre

bre
      • 205 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:49 AM

I lived on O'ahu for five years in Kane'ohe and Honolulu (Nu'u'anu Valley). Both were great places to live. Lani'kai is really pretty too and Kai'lua is a fun little town.

But absolutely adore Kaua'i, especially Hana'lei Bay. IMHO, there is no spot on earth more beautiful and serene. I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone. I used to visit family there about one a month and it is a place you never tire of. Try to avoid going in the winter months though, when it's rainy.
        Bre & Pete
        January 19, 2008
        El Dorado Royale

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
          I haven't been to any of the Hawaiian Islands but wanted to join this thread so i can see all the responses since we are getting married on Molokai and trying to decide on which other Island to have our HM.

BTW - you are so lucky you have family living there!!!!
          I hope we get a lot of info! I love having family there, but if I went to another island without seeing them I would never hear the end of it...lol

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bre
          I lived on O'ahu for five years in Kane'ohe and Honolulu (Nu'u'anu Valley). Both were great places to live. Lani'kai is really pretty too and Kai'lua is a fun little town.

But absolutely adore Kaua'i, especially Hana'lei Bay. IMHO, there is no spot on earth more beautiful and serene. I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone. I used to visit family there about one a month and it is a place you never tire of. Try to avoid going in the winter months though, when it's rainy.
          Thanks Bre, how cool that you lived there. I went to a picnic at the beach/park in Kai'lua last time I was there as a chaperone for my little cousin's field trip. Her sister's was the next day at Magic Island. Sure beats the field trips we had where I grew up...lol

You aren't the first person who has told me Kaua'i is the favorite. Hmmm....

#5 Jenn79

Jenn79
          • 625 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:51 AM

I was on an Hawaiian cruise with family in August of 2006, and I'd have to say it's a toss up between Oahu and The Big Island. We swam with the dolphins in Oahu, and saw some BEAUTIFUL coastline and beaches, while in Kona (on the Big Island) we went kayaking, and I have never seen water so clear or so blue. We also stopped at Kona airport on our way home, and it was the nicest airport I had seen...grass huts for waiting areas, and there were no tunnel like walkways to the plane, you walked right on the tarmac. I really hope I get a chance to go back and explore both islands a little more in depth, one day in port for each was nowhere near enough.
            Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
            Review Pictures Pro Pictures
            "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#6 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:08 AM

Wow, I WISH I could answer this one. I've never been to Hawaii, heck I've never even been to the West Coast!!!
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:41 AM

I have been to Maui and Kauai, and I liked Kauai more. It was so beautiful there!
                Michelle

#8 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:41 AM

I love Maui! It is so beautiful.

I heard Kauai is wonderful too, we are heading there in January.

#9 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
                  • 716 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:25 PM

Wow! I haven't been to Hawaii yet, but it has always been my dream honeymoon location. (Maybe for our anniversary or something!) But my dream spot is Kauai--I'd love to go and spend 2 uninterrupted weeks.

#10 jthrasher

jthrasher
                    • Banned
                    • 486 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

I lived on the Big Island for 4 years so I'm probably a little biased in my opinion :-) There's so much more diversity on that island. And, it's not nearly as touristy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users