• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HEZZA

HEZZA
  • 166 posts
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica - Still deciding on resort
  • LocationNear Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'm in love with this resort but wish I could move it to Jamaica for the food and beach. 

Anyone been here or that has looked into it for their wedding? 

Im stuck between this one and finding a JA resort possibly. :/ So Torn!

#2 TLHUSH

TLHUSH
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

Hi Hezza!

I recently vacationed at the Grand Sunset Princess! We went for a week in October. It is an extremely beautiful resort. The grounds are immaculate, the pools endless, and the ocean warm and inviting! I did not have a problem with the food, infact, I found it quite decent (I am extremely picky when it comes to eating good food, I like quality!). I have stayed at The Grand Palladium in Jamaica, and found the food to be better at the Princess. Only down fall I found at the princess was the proximate to the Ocean, depending on your room location it can be quite the venture to reach the beach! The Palladium I think is laid out nicer, but the beaches and not as impressive. 

We saw many weddings our week in Mexico. There is a lovely little gazebo on a quiter part of the beach. The downside is there didn't appear to be a real suitable place to hold a reception. There is a VIP area right near the beach, its a club, I don't know what kind of cost that would be to rent out an area for a few hours so you and your guests can enjoy the view and the ocean breeze. Otherwise, I think they were just holding receptions at one of the restaurants, which I dunno, seems kinda silly since you can do that any night you want. As I said before, everything is so far away from the beach, but perhaps is if renting out the beach club or part of it was an option I would say you couldn't go wrong.

I had the pleasure of attending a wedding in Jamaica. It was lovely, right on the beach, chairs set up, a steel drum band! After the reception was held overlooking the infinity pool and the ocean in a private open air area! It was absolutely amazing!!!

I don't know if that was help, both places have pro's and con's 

#3 Samuel Luna

Samuel Luna
    • Vendor
    • 68 posts
      • LocationPlaya del Carmen, Riviera Maya

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hola Hezza! Grand Princess is amazingly beautiful (I live *almost* next door), and all their services are incredible, I specially love their gazebo:

Grand Princess Wedding Gazebo

#4 HEZZA

HEZZA
      • 166 posts
      • Wedding Location:Jamaica - Still deciding on resort
      • LocationNear Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

Hi Hezza!

I recently vacationed at the Grand Sunset Princess! We went for a week in October. It is an extremely beautiful resort. The grounds are immaculate, the pools endless, and the ocean warm and inviting! I did not have a problem with the food, infact, I found it quite decent (I am extremely picky when it comes to eating good food, I like quality!). I have stayed at The Grand Palladium in Jamaica, and found the food to be better at the Princess. Only down fall I found at the princess was the proximate to the Ocean, depending on your room location it can be quite the venture to reach the beach! The Palladium I think is laid out nicer, but the beaches and not as impressive. 

We saw many weddings our week in Mexico. There is a lovely little gazebo on a quiter part of the beach. The downside is there didn't appear to be a real suitable place to hold a reception. There is a VIP area right near the beach, its a club, I don't know what kind of cost that would be to rent out an area for a few hours so you and your guests can enjoy the view and the ocean breeze. Otherwise, I think they were just holding receptions at one of the restaurants, which I dunno, seems kinda silly since you can do that any night you want. As I said before, everything is so far away from the beach, but perhaps is if renting out the beach club or part of it was an option I would say you couldn't go wrong.

I had the pleasure of attending a wedding in Jamaica. It was lovely, right on the beach, chairs set up, a steel drum band! After the reception was held overlooking the infinity pool and the ocean in a private open air area! It was absolutely amazing!!!

I don't know if that was help, both places have pro's and con's 

Thanks so much for your review :) It definitely helped! We have decided on going to Jamaica...:) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users