Photo

Is It Important To Have The Resort On The Std?

std

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MM2MJ

MM2MJ
  • 6 posts
  • Wedding Location:Costa Rica

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hi All,

My FI and I are planning a wedding in Costa Rica sometime in April 2015. We want to send the STDs out ASAP as to give our guests ample time(atleast 1 year) to prepare/save for the wedding. However, we havent decided on the exact resort (we are deciding between 2). We wanted to take a trip to Costa Rica sometime in the summer (the green season, to save some money). So, my question is: is it necessary to put the resort on the save the date. We wont be deciding on the resort until the summer, but I want to send the STDs within the next 2 months or so.

Some advice, please?

#2 KK2013

KK2013
  • 244 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Hi All,

My FI and I are planning a wedding in Costa Rica sometime in April 2015. We want to send the STDs out ASAP as to give our guests ample time(atleast 1 year) to prepare/save for the wedding. However, we havent decided on the exact resort (we are deciding between 2). We wanted to take a trip to Costa Rica sometime in the summer (the green season, to save some money). So, my question is: is it necessary to put the resort on the save the date. We wont be deciding on the resort until the summer, but I want to send the STDs within the next 2 months or so.

Some advice, please?

I think it is totally fine to send the save the dates without the resort.  Mine didn't have it on it, but it deferred to our wedding website where I listed it.  The only thing I would be concerned about is if you are putting a date, what happens if the resort you decide on isn't available then?  I also think its fine to say April 2015, but then be sure to send your invites well in advance. 

#3 MM2MJ

MM2MJ
  • 6 posts
  • Wedding Location:Costa Rica

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

I was thinking to put a deposit down for each hotel to secure the date, but these are non refundable! I think we will have to suck it up and go visit sooner than the summer so we can decide on the resort.

#4 Linds1204

Linds1204
  • Site Supporter
  • 52 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationCancun, MX

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

@MM2MJ this is less formal, but you could always send a save the date electronically….either by e card, or a designed email and just say Coming Soon! The wedding of ______&_______. May 2015 Costa Rica. More Information to follow

Then once you decide on the resort and date, send your paper save the dates via mail. 

#5 kbride2014

kbride2014
  • 175 posts
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

I would wait until you have picked the resort! it's pretty important with cost and dates, if you pick a date then the resort doesn't have that date available the whole thing would be pointless.

#6 kay2015

kay2015
    • 222 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
    • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

Hi All,

Some advice, please?

I am getting married in Jamaica in May of 2015. We have it narrowed down to three resorts but we are not sending out any STD'S until we have booked. We hope to book end of April beginning of May for our 2015 wedding. This way people will have at least 10-11 months to book time off and save. I think you should wait until you book with a certain resort before sending anything out.

#7 ajlloyd15

ajlloyd15
    • Site Supporter
    • 47 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

I know even putting the place on the STD I still had a ton of people asking me about the place and what the name was and everything, which was a bit stressful since I was still in the process of working out the group rates and everything. So, I think regardless of if you put it down or not people will ask and continue to ask until you decide. I definitely agree that putting the date down and having to switch it would be more of a concern of mine. 

#8 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
      • 308 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
      • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Hi All,

Some advice, please?

I sent out save the dates without all the details. I wanted my guest to know what we were planning and to be able to save. We gave them a rough idea for cost $1,300 or under and a destination (Cuba) and we also put the month we were looking at (January)

So I think it is totally fine for not putting all the details.  :)

#9 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
      • 198 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
      • LocationCancun

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

i think so! since that would be step one of them deciding if they can come.. no?

#10 rvalenka

rvalenka
      • 353 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
      • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

I would wait until you've decided just in case something pops up an plans have to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users