At Home Reception - Decorating Ideas

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmhein

jmhein
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

Hi ladies,

Have any of you had an at home reception or are planning one?

We have rented a hall for a couple of months after our wedding (it will be the dead of winter in February in Northern Alberta when we get back from Jamaica, so it's better to wait until April for a party! Trust me... ) Anyway, we want to show the DVD of our wedding, do a photo slide show, have a DJ and dance the night away!! We'll have a cold buffet, a chocolate fountain, and favours for the guests as well. I anticipate about 100 people.

Does anyone have any ideas for decorating with the beach theme? I would love to see pics of your AHR or any ideas you have! Thanks so much!
    ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#2 Saraha

Saraha
    • 2,597 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:44 AM

Im doing the same thing but havent really started my planning yet. I will be sure to share my idea along the way.

#3 Lorilou

Lorilou
      • 533 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

we are getting married in Mexico. so our AHR venue said they could do a signature drink such as a margarita and stock mexican beer. Also, doing mexican style food. As for decorating, doing something like this...
        Click the image to open in full size.
        For seating assignments...
        For favors...flip flop photoframes or personalized margarita mix...(haven't decided yet)

#4 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:52 PM

Everything looks and sounds great Lorilou!! A Mexican theme is much more fun than a Jamaican theme! But I think I can work with it!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#5 Nespie

Nespie
          • 42 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:08 AM

Hi Janelle, I'm just down in Edmonton... we're practically neighbours!

I googled "Jamaican themed party" and lots of cool stuff came up. I think the music will be your biggest bonus, the live music scene seems to be pretty amazing up there in GP, you might even find a band to play! The food would be pretty doable too, coconut shrimp and jerk chicken...

For decorations, you could just get tons of those big palm-type leaves that florist use for greenery, that would look cool. You could do lots with the bright carribean colours too.

I think it would be super cool to extend the whole Jamaica trip into the AHR, especially in the middle of a Northern Alberta winter. Perfect!

Happy planning,

Nancy
            Feb. Sig pic, kissing on New Year's Eve... Here's to a wonderful 2008!

#6 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nespie
              Hi Janelle, I'm just down in Edmonton... we're practically neighbours!

I googled "Jamaican themed party" and lots of cool stuff came up. I think the music will be your biggest bonus, the live music scene seems to be pretty amazing up there in GP, you might even find a band to play! The food would be pretty doable too, coconut shrimp and jerk chicken...

For decorations, you could just get tons of those big palm-type leaves that florist use for greenery, that would look cool. You could do lots with the bright carribean colours too.

I think it would be super cool to extend the whole Jamaica trip into the AHR, especially in the middle of a Northern Alberta winter. Perfect!

Happy planning,

Nancy
              Hey neighbour! Awesome ideas! Thanks so much! You want to come up for the party? hee hee!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users