32 replies to this topic

#21 FutureMrsGayle

FutureMrsGayle
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 22, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riu, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

My wedding was 3 weeks ago . i used Dwayne Watkins and i can say that he was AMAZING!!!! i can't brag enough about his work. SUper friendly and professional. He also help make sure that my wedding ran smoothly! My opinion from my experience is make sure you have a great photographer, whoever you decide to go with. don't listen to people when they say don't waste your money. at the end of the day, all your guests, decor, experience will only be remembered and captured if you have a great photographer. That should be one thing that you spend money on! your day goes by so fast, like seriously way too fast.
We are by no means MODELS, but our photos differ :-) you can see some of my wedding pics on his site. you can also see my instagram page, i've posted some of those pics and you can see how many comments and likes it has received, from people i don't even know. I will do a review this week on everything, be sure to check it out and hopefully it can be helpful for you based on what i experienced!

http://dwaynewatkins...norman-married/My instagram page is @muneera_o

Congrats! Where was ur wedding venue?

#22 angiewayne

angiewayne
  • 2 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

My wedding was 3 weeks ago . i used Dwayne Watkins and i can say that he was AMAZING!!!! i can't brag enough about his work. SUper friendly and professional. He also help make sure that my wedding ran smoothly! My opinion from my experience is make sure you have a great photographer, whoever you decide to go with. don't listen to people when they say don't waste your money. at the end of the day, all your guests, decor, experience will only be remembered and captured if you have a great photographer. That should be one thing that you spend money on! your day goes by so fast, like seriously way too fast.

We are by no means MODELS, but our photos differ :-) you can see some of my wedding pics on his site. you can also see my instagram page, i've posted some of those pics and you can see how many comments and likes it has received, from people i don't even know. I will do a review this week on everything, be sure to check it out and hopefully it can be helpful for you based on what i experienced!

http://dwaynewatkins...norman-married/

My instagram page is @muneera_o

Thanks for the info! I'm looking for a photographer for my wedding next year :) What are his prices like?

#23 stefadile

stefadile
  • 192 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
  • LocationIreland

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

@angiewayne

Dwayne Watkins work is amazing, you only have to look at his website or look at past brides on this forum to see the quality of his work...you are definitely paying for what you get. I think his packages are tailor made, but they start around $2,500+ Unfortunately the prices were out of our budget, but if we had the cash we definitely would have booked him.

#24 nwilliams005

nwilliams005
  • 6 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu montego bay

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

I used Marcia Roberts last week. She is amazing. She will also pay the vendor fee if there is one on your resort. You will not be disappointed.

#25 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Gosh - there seem to be a lot of options! Just when I think I've checked out all of their work, I hear another of another one I hadn't heard of! It is going to be a tough choice. 

#26 Soon2beMrsJ

Soon2beMrsJ
  • 121 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

@nwilliams005  I'm so happy to hear you liked Marcia Roberts!  We just hired her for our wedding next April. She's not paying the vendor fee for ours, I guess her policy has changed.  Lucky you that you didn't have to pay that  :)

Congrats on your wedding!!!!

#27 nwilliams005

nwilliams005
  • 6 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu montego bay

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

@Soon2beMrsJ... You will not be disappointed at all. I was very impressed with them. They captured everything I could have thought of and more. They are very pleasant as well. The vendor was included in my package, but I did book them last year, so that could have changed now.

#28 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

I CAN'T DECIDE between Misha Earle and Stacey Clarke. Ugh...I'm driving myself crazy. At first I thought for sure Misha, but then when I went back to look at Stacey's again I thought her use of vivid color is very fitting for a tropical beach wedding. Misha's are a bit more romantic feeling, which is gorgeous, but Stacey is also cheaper. 

My fiancĂ© thinks we don't need photography at all. While he has conceded to having it, he couldn't care less who I pick! 

#29 luisanmike

luisanmike
  • 162 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

I used Brian Nejedly for mine and he was very flexible and very reasonable in price!  Our event ended up being like 14 hours and he stayed behind to capture our memories and didn't charge us extra for it!  We haven't received our pics yet because our wedding was only three weeks ago so I'll update once I receive the quality of the pics but he came highly recommended from other local vendors in Jamaica.  I was caught in a bad situation with my first photographer and I had to find someone quickly and Brian was there to help me out!

#30 MontegoBayBridePA

MontegoBayBridePA
  • 33 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

We decided on Misha Earle. Her website looks nice and we've heard nothing but good things about her (she pays vendor fee as well). We will see! Wedding is so soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users