Help! Notarized Copy Of Birth Certificates

Jamaica birth certificate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 emme121

emme121
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

We are getting married in April 2014 at sandals Negril. When we went to the notary to get our birth certificated copied and notarized, he said he can't copy birth certificates. Now I'm not sure what to do. I don't really want to send a certified copy to Jamaica. Any brides out there that have experienced this and how to get proper documentation to the resort in time.

#2 fmyers562015

fmyers562015
    • 12 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, JA
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Hi emme121,

I was just wondering if an option would be to purchase another birth certificate and use that one to get notarized and sent to Jamaica. I am getting married in Jamaica and I will see if I can clarify if that is an option and let you know via the forum.

#3 emme121

emme121
    • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

Sandals was actually able to send me an affidavit for the notary to sign, since I was informed notaries can only verify signatures in documents and not actuall birth certificates

#4 picklz

picklz
      • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

My Fiance and I are about to do the same thing - I've heard of others having this problem and this site has some options that may work if your Resort doesn't have something in place to help with this.

http://www.immihelp....rized-copy.html

Basically you can type out a little paragraph below the copy or on a spearate sheet that states it is a true copy, sign that, and have that notarized. 

Hope that helps

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jamaica, birth certificate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users