45 replies to this topic

#21 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   59.67KB   10 downloads
Thinking about doing this for my centerpieces? Any opinions? Is it tacky?

#22 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

attachicon.gifimage.jpg
Thinking about doing this for my centerpieces? Any opinions? Is it tacky?

I like it! I had thought about doing centerpieces like this, but ended up doing something different because we have rectangular tables and I thought this would go better with a round table. I might just add on more shorter one to make it more complete and then you can add some other little décor around the bases.

#23 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

I like it! I had thought about doing centerpieces like this, but ended up doing something different because we have rectangular tables and I thought this would go better with a round table. I might just add on more shorter one to make it more complete and then you can add some other little décor around the bases.

Thanks!! Would you get a short one like I already have? Or have the 3rd vase be shorter than that one? I planned on putting something around them. I just haven't come up with anything yet.

#24 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

Thanks!! Would you get a short one like I already have? Or have the 3rd vase be shorter than that one? I planned on putting something around them. I just haven't come up with anything yet.

I think one more that's just a bit shorter then the other one and then I feel like it will look more complete, that is if you're going to have round tables!

Something like this:

Attached File  vase.jpg   5.45KB   7 downloads

I was just looking at photos of these types of centerpieces and things that look good are mirrors under the vases, but they may not be very easy to travel with, or a place mat type thing under in your colour scheme might look good. Or even just some rose petals in your colour scheme scattered around looks really nice and romantic with a few votive candles.

#25 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

You can also get wooden roses online for very cheap. They are just as beautiful as real flowers but are made of wood instead. I bought some from the site below for around $0.20 each and they were a huge hit.

http://weddingdayspa...m/wooden-roses/

great idea!

#26 Csonnel

Csonnel
  • 174 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

Such a great idea to use fake flowers. Thanks for the ideas!

#27 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

It's a lot cheaper!!

#28 Rainmaker

Rainmaker
  • 186 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the ideas and for the link to blume box! I've been worried about taking vases and having shattered glass throughout my luggage, even if it's carry on.

#29 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

Anyone else have pictures of reception table decor? Looking for some ideas!!
Or does anyone have any ideas where to get flowers for cheap for chair decorations? I already bought the sash in coral. Now just looking for flowers.
Or does anyone have any ideas where to get flowers for cheap for chair decorations? I already bought the sash in coral. Now just looking for flowers.Attached File  image.jpg   136.25KB   7 downloads

#30 annettea1021

annettea1021
  • 86 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

Anyone else have pictures of reception table decor? Looking for some ideas!!
Or does anyone have any ideas where to get flowers for cheap for chair decorations? I already bought the sash in coral. Now just looking for flowers.
Or does anyone have any ideas where to get flowers for cheap for chair decorations? I already bought the sash in coral. Now just looking for flowers.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

try bbcrafts.com i saw chair sashes and table runners that were very affortable!!!

oops sorry i misread that! i thought you were looking for chair sashes lol!!! oopsss. i bought flowers at AC Moore and i had coupon and spent a pretty decent amount!

Edited by annettea1021, 21 February 2014 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users