Handing Out Oot Bags Before You Leave?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 trbutler

trbutler
  • 224 posts
  • Wedding Location:Aruba

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

I was thinking about handing out my OOT bags before we leave?  I was going to give a nice beach bag, sunscreen soduko/puzzle books and maybe flip flops out before we leave and then have a little paper bag in their rooms with maybe some asprin, bandaids, aloe, etch and snacks.

This would save on room for us.  I have looked at shipping boxes and it is over $100 to ship a box, and my parents are going early and would be taking the items and they already have a bunch of luggage.

Any thoughts?

#2 KWitt

KWitt
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

I am going to take a full day before we go and hand deliver each of the bags and thank our guests for attending the wedding.  It will save so much in shipping and the hassle of lugging so much extra stuff. 

#3 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
    • Community Manager
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

I was thinking about handing out my OOT bags before we leave?  I was going to give a nice beach bag, sunscreen soduko/puzzle books and maybe flip flops out before we leave and then have a little paper bag in their rooms with maybe some asprin, bandaids, aloe, etch and snacks.

This would save on room for us.  I have looked at shipping boxes and it is over $100 to ship a box, and my parents are going early and would be taking the items and they already have a bunch of luggage.

Any thoughts?

If you are close enough to your guest to do this I think it is a great idea!!  I also really like that you are still doing something for them in their rooms!

I have so much stuff and have to take it with me I don't know how I am going to pack it all LOL

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#4 DWBride2015

DWBride2015
      • Site Supporter
      • 128 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 24, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Royalton Resort- Jellyfish
      • LocationDR Punta Cana

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

Thats a great idea. I might do that as well

Soon to be Mrs. Thiam

#5 trbutler

trbutler
      • 224 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

I should be able to hand deliver most of the bags, might either UPS the others or have them placed in their rooms.

#6 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
      • Community Manager
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I should be able to hand deliver most of the bags, might either UPS the others or have them placed in their rooms.

Be sure to ask your resort how much they charge to do this for you.  I have heard a lot charge  $3 - 5 per room.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#7 trbutler

trbutler
        • 224 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

Yes, thanks for the reminder.

#8 kbride2014

kbride2014
        • 175 posts
          • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

I totally agree with this @trbutler it's too much to be traveling with when the brides should be relaxing!!!

#9 nettybon

nettybon
          • 153 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 4, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Punta Cana
          • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for the information. 

#10 kdnolan

kdnolan
          • 168 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

I think we'll have a BBQ for people at our house prior to going. We'll give out the bags then and it will be like a meet and greet for people who don't know each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users