Photo

TA vent

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Conster

Conster
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:05 PM

Where do I start?? FH and I started talking about a DW about a year ago so, I was hanging out in some forums and a TA contacted me about getting me some prices. I was fine with that. Even though FSIL is a travel agent, I had asked her before for ideas and prices, and she always made excuses and never got me any prices....."dont do it in 2007, great aunt Jean is really sick and she can't fly so i'll have to stay back and take care of her", Jean passed away, then we were misquoted and had a super good rate in the Mayan for December 2007 and it was "I'm going on a holiday for 3 weeks in Sept/Oct 2007, so don't make it December because I won't have enough money" So when I got this quote I asked FSIL if it was a good deal she gave me the third degree and was asking why I'm going thru someone else. Well, HELLO!! I gave you plenty of opportunity to look for prices for us! Its not like you don't know what we want to do!!! If this stranger can save my guests over $250/person, I'm gonna go with them.....thats a lot of money!! Am I wrong to think like this, even though its his sister?? Keep in mind he doesn't even like his sister.

Now its "Don't make it May 2008, I have a friend who is getting married in Wales in May". Guess freakin what? I don't CARE!!!! If you want to go to her wedding go for it!!!!!! I might even pay for your ticket!!

Also, I was always still in contact with the other TA and we want to book ASAP but now she's not getting back to me!! Its been almost a week and she's always been really quick getting back to me. I hope she's not annoyed with me because I changed my mind a million times.....but I told her I had never been to a resort anywhere before so I didn't really know what I was getting into.

I don't know what to do!!! Go to another TA? Wait?
    AWE! What a handsome guy!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:39 PM

why dont you wait for the other TA...there may be a reason why she is taking so long to get back to you or maybe she never got your last email.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
    • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:51 PM

I would also let the TA know that you are now ready to finalize and book ( as long as you really are!).

But definately send another email, she may have not received the first one or is out of the office. Better yet- give her a call!

TA Jennifer

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:55 PM

also, dont feel bad about FSIL...i hate booking my family...they are such a PITA. i totally would prefer if they didnt use me for their travel.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Leia78

Leia78
      • VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:44 PM

So sorry, but this is , I had to tell you that your dog is so cute in his tux. I bought mine one too.
        Click the image to open in full size.

I say wait for the other TA. I hate family drama...

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:00 AM

Haha..cute pic of your doggy Leia. BTW cute siggy pic too. I'm from the Bay (live in L.A.) but it makes me want to go home :o)

#7 beachbride08

beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:41 AM

I say wait for the TA, email her again or call her. She could be out of the office or traveling.
            Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users