Karisma Bride's Dress Rehearsal - Feedback Please?

Does anyone know if we need to bring adapters for the outlets for our phone chargers/hairdryers?

Are there hairdryers and irons in the rooms at Azul Sensatori?

Does anyone know if we need to bring adapters for the outlets for our phone chargers/hairdryers?

Are there hairdryers and irons in the rooms at Azul Sensatori?

Ok hopefully can answer all questions.

Same as us/canada for appliances so no need for adapters.

Dress code is pretty lax during the day. Id recommend pants everywhere but the buffet at night for men

The chic is free if in premium or honeymoon suite- you will 99% surely get upgraded to one of these categories at BDR so take advantage! They do offer an upgraded menu or a wine pairing- we did neither and still had am amazing experience.

Hope that helps!

Peso or US dollars- there is an ATM in the

lobby that dispenses usd as well.

At BDR there were people in everything from shorts and ball caps to long pants and dress shirts. I would dress comfy- it gets hot! And take a note pad for taking notes at both your site tours and BDR afternoon

Didn't get itinerary until the week of departure.... Bug your TA if you don't have it by Wednesday.

There are irons and hair dryers in the room. Both work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kmk2016

@@kmk2016

Thanks for the advice. We will being staying at Sensatori and will definitely be taking the site tour as well as Generations Riviera and Azul Beach. Is Le Chic the restaurant that isn't included in the "all inclusive" package for food?

I wrote down your questions and will try to make sure I get answers for you! I didn't realize we get a free signature drink with the ceremony?! When you say fans….are you talking about hand held fans?

I have just a couple questions for you….What kind of currency do they accept down there? I haven't received my itinerary for the BDR how many days before you left did you receive it?

@@kmk2016

Is there a dress code for the BDR? What about the restaurants on the resorts?

Woops missed one answer! Yes... When you get the sky deck ceremony package at Sensatori it includes fans for guest use during the ceremony. I'm just curious what they look like (if they are all used/dirty looking etc)... Since I think this will be nice to have sitting on each chair as it may be hot.... But if they are ugly I may choose to bring my own rafia versions which look nicer.

@@kmk2016

I only got 2/4 of your questions answered while there.  :(  To make a long story short….It was a bad day the day we went on the site tour at Sensatori.

1.) The fans included in the sky deck wedding was nothing I would want in my wedding.  They were cheap looking…I took a picture of them for you just in case you wanted me to e-mail it to you.

2.) Yes the kids are 50% off if you want them to eat the same buffet/private dinner menu as the rest of your guests but if you wanted them to eat off the kids menu then there is no charge.

I tried to get the dimensions for the sky deck wedding but the wedding coordinator had no idea and we didn't get a chance to go up there (even though I brought a tape measure).

I hope this helped you a little!

@@kmk2016

I only got 2/4 of your questions answered while there. :( To make a long story short….It was a bad day the day we went on the site tour at Sensatori.

1.) The fans included in the sky deck wedding was nothing I would want in my wedding. They were cheap looking…I took a picture of them for you just in case you wanted me to e-mail it to you.

2.) Yes the kids are 50% off if you want them to eat the same buffet/private dinner menu as the rest of your guests but if you wanted them to eat off the kids menu then there is no charge.

I tried to get the dimensions for the sky deck wedding but the wedding coordinator had no idea and we didn't get a chance to go up there (even though I brought a tape measure).

I hope this helped you a little!

Oh sorry to hear your site visit didn't go well at Sensatori!!! That's too bad! If you can post a pic of the fan here, I'm sure others would find It useful, but good to know that I need to add fans to my DIY projects if I need them- since it sounds like they weren't nice!

Good confirmation on the kid pricing with the buffet- I know others were inquiring too!

As for the gazebo dimensions I'm sure someone over the coming months will get them, so no worries!!!!

What happened that your site visit didn't go as planned? It's too bad you didn't get up ok the sky deck... It's a beautiful space!

@@kmk2016

We arrived at Sensatori at roughly 12:45 and was greeted as soon as we walked in and sent immediately to the concierge.  We were offered champagne once at the concierge as well.  The concierge said he had a lot to cover with us as he was checking us in but there was a guest standing behind us that the concierge looked up and asked if he could help in the middle of our time with him and the man was wanting to book the candlelight dinner so the concierge said he would be with him in just a minute.  The concierge called to see if our room was ready and it wasn't which was fine so he gave us a pager and told us we could walk around the resort until the pager went off and then we needed to come back to see him so he could go over important information with us.  He also said it shouldn't be very long at all that our room should be ready.  We feel there might have been some kind of incentive for the concierge for booking the candlelight dinner because we felt very rushed after he found out what the man wanted. We began to look around the resort knowing absolutely nothing about it and found a restaurant to drink some drinks and get some food.  We saw a really nice room being cleaned when we first sat down at the restaurant and my fiancé jokingly said what if that was our room.  We sat at the restaurant until roughly 3:30 and still had not been paged.  We decided to go check on our room with the concierge that checked us in.  When we got up there the concierge we previously talked with was not there and so we went to the front desk to ask to speak with him.  The lady at the front desk said he wasn't there anymore and said to talk with the new concierge.  We proceeded to speak with her and she had no clue what the other guy would have needed to talk to us about or show us and she sent us back to the front desk.  The front desk said our room had been ready and sure enough we knew it had been ready for at least an hour because we saw the maid finish cleaning it from the restaurant.   We were then given our room keys and told which building our room was in and said our bags should be up there in a minute.  We were never given a tour or was given any information about the resort.  I was really upset with this whole check in process because during our stay there we saw many different families being shown around the resort by a concierge and realized that we never got that service.  On our last day at Sensatori we finally found out where the beach towels were and the lady decided to tell us that with our room category we got free service at the lounge areas on the beach for food/drinks…that would have been nice to know before our last day.  Also, the water that came out of the shower smelt awful and we dreaded taking a shower in it.  The jacuzzi in the room was gross and crusty…I would never get in it! Our toilet also made these awful noises in the middle of the night like it was going to explode…we had someone come look at it but it still had issues.  The lady that was supposed to turn down our sheets at night only did once while we were there.

The good news is the outside of our room was more than expected.  We were placed in the Honeymoon suite and had an amazing view!  The food at the resort was fantastic as well as our servers!  That truly helped to turn our first impressions into a more positive review of the resort.  The pools were amazing and beautiful at night with all the lighting.

I never got our BDR itinerary until I went to the front desk and they called the wedding coordinator down.  She then gave it to me and went over everything.  She was very nice and seemed very knowledgeable.  

We were able to view a wedding while there and was very unimpressed.  The beach was not cleared of seaweed like they had said they would.  They also said they block off people from walking directly behind or beside the ceremony…once again that did not happen.  People were walking down the ramp DIRECTLY behind and beside the ceremony.  The wedding directors were just standing there and letting this occur.  The worst part about the whole thing is a yoga class was setting up right beside the wedding during the ceremony and then the yoga instructor blew a conch shell DURING the ceremony for the start of their yoga class.  If this had been my wedding ceremony I would have been extremely upset.  Another bride to be and her mother (there for the BDR as well) was standing with my fiancé and I watching this happen and they both were extremely put off by this as well.

Needless to say my fiancé and I decided after this we would not like to have our wedding here even though this is where we were leaning towards.  The wedding receptions locations as well as the beach/water also played a part in this choice as well but everything else just made our decision that much easier.

We went on a lovely tour of Azul Beach!  It was beautiful!  The beach was gorgeous as well as the water color.  I love the reception locations available especially chill!  The spa was extremely nice as well…the best we saw on the whole trip.  The rooms were very updated with the exception of the basic room (which most of our guests would stay in :(  The two down sides to this resort are we were not impressed with the pools especially the small pool that was the closest to the beach.  The other downside is it was very small with only one restaurant that served breakfast and lunch.  

Generations Riviera Maya was beautiful!  We really enjoyed the tour of this resort.  The pier was absolutely breathtaking and would be perfect for a reception!!!  The rooms were so nice and the fact they were new was a very big plus!  These rooms made our room at Azul Sensatori not look as nice as we thought in the beginning.  The pool was much nicer than I thought it would be.  The sandbags are supposed to be removed hopefully sometime early next year but the concrete will still be in the water.  The concrete blocks were definitely an eye sore but the water was a beautiful color.  The fact that our guests could stay at either El Dorado or Generations was a plus and that we could use all the restaurants over there!  Ana was very nice and was very informative.  Ana was able to get us in to eat lunch there so we could experience the food at Generations.  The lunch was amazing and we were all very pleased with our tour.  The very unfortunate part of this experience which I don't think had anything to do with Genereations was after our lunch we were stuck in the lobby waiting on transportation for 2 hours!!!!  We were told it would only by 8 minutes then 30 minutes then all of a sudden it was 1 1/2 hours.  One of the other brides and her mother were with us and were trying to get something done about this because everyone we talked to knew nothing about the transportation or where it was.  The worst part is there was a Lomas bus sitting outside the whole time we were there and he said he was waiting on other people…who we never saw show up in the 2 hours we were there.  After the other bride and mother complained enough Generations finally paid for a cab to come get us and take us back to Sensatori so we could still enjoy the little bit of day left.  As we were leaving there was another couple there for the BDR that had been waiting there for almost 2 hours to do the tour of Generations and then was never given one nor was offered to be taken back to their home resort until we saw them.  Generations finally paid to get them a cab back as well.  Generations did what they could but kept saying the transportation was Lomas.  I must tell you this really upset every party involved because Lomas is the company you have to do all the wedding planning with!  We were all totally unimpressed.  Ana apologized to us at the BDR the next morning.  We were supposed to have our Sensatori site tour earlier that day but obviously missed it due to Lomas.  When we got back to Sensatori we got a quick tour but it was already so late we were over it.

The BDR was a good experience and it was neat to be able to meet with other brides who are in the same situation with wedding planning.  The presentation and the booths were great!  We were able to visit with different photographers and see the different options with decorations.  The wine vendor was amazing and very knowledgable.  The major let down was the food which was very disappointing considering the resort food was so amazing.  The appetizer and soup were great but the main course was dry and not good in the least bit.  Ana was sitting at our table during the food tasting and I asked her if there was anyway the Filet could be grilled and she said no.  This was also a downside for me because I am not a fan of sautéed meat.  The cake tastings were not good either :( they were dry and the icing was awful.  The other issue I had was with looking at the private food menu while at the BDR.  The prices were half the price as what I saw online before we left.  I asked Ana about it and she assured me they were the same prices.  I checked when I got home and they definitely were not.  Everything was also sooo expensive….$50 for two little flowers was ridiculous!!

The whole experience was not the best.  My fiancé and I are now even reconsidering having our wedding in Mexico because of the experiences we had while down there. :(

*Oh and I tried posting a picture of the fan but I don't think I can because I don't have enough posts…what is your e-mail address?
Edited by MandM2014

@@kmk2016

We arrived at Sensatori at roughly 12:45 and was greeted as soon as we walked in and sent immediately to the concierge. We were offered champagne once at the concierge as well. The concierge said he had a lot to cover with us as he was checking us in but there was a guest standing behind us that the concierge looked up and asked if he could help in the middle of our time with him and the man was wanting to book the candlelight dinner so the concierge said he would be with him in just a minute. The concierge called to see if our room was ready and it wasn't which was fine so he gave us a pager and told us we could walk around the resort until the pager went off and then we needed to come back to see him so he could go over important information with us. He also said it shouldn't be very long at all that our room should be ready. We feel there might have been some kind of incentive for the concierge for booking the candlelight dinner because we felt very rushed after he found out what the man wanted. We began to look around the resort knowing absolutely nothing about it and found a restaurant to drink some drinks and get some food. We saw a really nice room being cleaned when we first sat down at the restaurant and my fiancé jokingly said what if that was our room. We sat at the restaurant until roughly 3:30 and still had not been paged. We decided to go check on our room with the concierge that checked us in. When we got up there the concierge we previously talked with was not there and so we went to the front desk to ask to speak with him. The lady at the front desk said he wasn't there anymore and said to talk with the new concierge. We proceeded to speak with her and she had no clue what the other guy would have needed to talk to us about or show us and she sent us back to the front desk. The front desk said our room had been ready and sure enough we knew it had been ready for at least an hour because we saw the maid finish cleaning it from the restaurant. We were then given our room keys and told which building our room was in and said our bags should be up there in a minute. We were never given a tour or was given any information about the resort. I was really upset with this whole check in process because during our stay there we saw many different families being shown around the resort by a concierge and realized that we never got that service. On our last day at Sensatori we finally found out where the beach towels were and the lady decided to tell us that with our room category we got free service at the lounge areas on the beach for food/drinks…that would have been nice to know before our last day. Also, the water that came out of the shower smelt awful and we dreaded taking a shower in it. The jacuzzi in the room was gross and crusty…I would never get in it! Our toilet also made these awful noises in the middle of the night like it was going to explode…we had someone come look at it but it still had issues. The lady that was supposed to turn down our sheets at night only did once while we were there.

The good news is the outside of our room was more than expected. We were placed in the Honeymoon suite and had an amazing view! The food at the resort was fantastic as well as our servers! That truly helped to turn our first impressions into a more positive review of the resort. The pools were amazing and beautiful at night with all the lighting.

I never got our BDR itinerary until I went to the front desk and they called the wedding coordinator down. She then gave it to me and went over everything. She was very nice and seemed very knowledgeable.

We were able to view a wedding while there and was very unimpressed. The beach was not cleared of seaweed like they had said they would. They also said they block off people from walking directly behind or beside the ceremony…once again that did not happen. People were walking down the ramp DIRECTLY behind and beside the ceremony. The wedding directors were just standing there and letting this occur. The worst part about the whole thing is a yoga class was setting up right beside the wedding during the ceremony and then the yoga instructor blew a conch shell DURING the ceremony for the start of their yoga class. If this had been my wedding ceremony I would have been extremely upset. Another bride to be and her mother (there for the BDR as well) was standing with my fiancé and I watching this happen and they both were extremely put off by this as well.

Needless to say my fiancé and I decided after this we would not like to have our wedding here even though this is where we were leaning towards. The wedding receptions locations as well as the beach/water also played a part in this choice as well but everything else just made our decision that much easier.

We went on a lovely tour of Azul Beach! It was beautiful! The beach was gorgeous as well as the water color. I love the reception locations available especially chill! The spa was extremely nice as well…the best we saw on the whole trip. The rooms were very updated with the exception of the basic room (which most of our guests would stay in :( The two down sides to this resort are we were not impressed with the pools especially the small pool that was the closest to the beach. The other downside is it was very small with only one restaurant that served breakfast and lunch.

Generations Riviera Maya was beautiful! We really enjoyed the tour of this resort. The pier was absolutely breathtaking and would be perfect for a reception!!! The rooms were so nice and the fact they were new was a very big plus! These rooms made our room at Azul Sensatori not look as nice as we thought in the beginning. The pool was much nicer than I thought it would be. The sandbags are supposed to be removed hopefully sometime early next year but the concrete will still be in the water. The concrete blocks were definitely an eye sore but the water was a beautiful color. The fact that our guests could stay at either El Dorado or Generations was a plus and that we could use all the restaurants over there! Ana was very nice and was very informative. Ana was able to get us in to eat lunch there so we could experience the food at Generations. The lunch was amazing and we were all very pleased with our tour. The very unfortunate part of this experience which I don't think had anything to do with Genereations was after our lunch we were stuck in the lobby waiting on transportation for 2 hours!!!! We were told it would only by 8 minutes then 30 minutes then all of a sudden it was 1 1/2 hours. One of the other brides and her mother were with us and were trying to get something done about this because everyone we talked to knew nothing about the transportation or where it was. The worst part is there was a Lomas bus sitting outside the whole time we were there and he said he was waiting on other people…who we never saw show up in the 2 hours we were there. After the other bride and mother complained enough Generations finally paid for a cab to come get us and take us back to Sensatori so we could still enjoy the little bit of day left. As we were leaving there was another couple there for the BDR that had been waiting there for almost 2 hours to do the tour of Generations and then was never given one nor was offered to be taken back to their home resort until we saw them. Generations finally paid to get them a cab back as well. Generations did what they could but kept saying the transportation was Lomas. I must tell you this really upset every party involved because Lomas is the company you have to do all the wedding planning with! We were all totally unimpressed. Ana apologized to us at the BDR the next morning. We were supposed to have our Sensatori site tour earlier that day but obviously missed it due to Lomas. When we got back to Sensatori we got a quick tour but it was already so late we were over it.

The BDR was a good experience and it was neat to be able to meet with other brides who are in the same situation with wedding planning. The presentation and the booths were great! We were able to visit with different photographers and see the different options with decorations. The wine vendor was amazing and very knowledgable. The major let down was the food which was very disappointing considering the resort food was so amazing. The appetizer and soup were great but the main course was dry and not good in the least bit. Ana was sitting at our table during the food tasting and I asked her if there was anyway the Filet could be grilled and she said no. This was also a downside for me because I am not a fan of sautéed meat. The cake tastings were not good either :( they were dry and the icing was awful. The other issue I had was with looking at the private food menu while at the BDR. The prices were half the price as what I saw online before we left. I asked Ana about it and she assured me they were the same prices. I checked when I got home and they definitely were not. Everything was also sooo expensive….$50 for two little flowers was ridiculous!!

The whole experience was not the best. My fiancé and I are now even reconsidering having our wedding in Mexico because of the experiences we had while down there. :(

Awe that's sooo sad to hear! Our BDR was a lot better and allowed a 2 hour tour (as scheduled on our itinerary) of the entire property including all the restaurants and sky deck... This made us fall in love with the resort because I agree the beach and ocean are not the best... But I knew that going in and knew that the sky deck was gorgeous and that the quality of the beach didn't matter.

Like you, we didn't have our pager buzz when our room was ready either and I finally went up and asked hahaa- and like you we were upgraded to the honeymoon suite, but our room was perfect and the service was equally as amazing- so the only negative we found was the beach- which as mentioned I was prepared for and it didn't bother me. The food/drink and service was more important. Although the Lomas site has increased pricing for the private menus posted/ I have yet to hear of a bride that didn't get the old pricing put on their detail sheet- so I'm still thinking the prices on lomas site is wrong. The food at the resort was spectacular all weekend we were there and at the dress rehearsal it was quite good... We took notes on my printed banquet menu kit so I could keep track of what we liked and didn't like (with input from the other great couples at our table) and we all agreed the food was far superior to other AI food out there. The cakes... Well some were dry- especially the cupcakes! But we found the chocolate, red velvet and champagne moist and delicious (we tried every flavor as a table and were pretty critical haha)

As for generations... We found it pretty too- but agree the concrete in the ocean was horrendous and at the end of the day- I couldn't justify asking my guests spend $2500-$2800 a person to attend our wedding in high season (only time we can do it with my FI work). It will be somewhere I will definitely take my kids back to in the coming years.

I agree things add up quickly, but by doing a bit of DIY and saving what's important we still feel good about it. Sorry to hear it didn't go well- but glad you were Able to see it and make your own decisions!

Edited by kmk2016

we didn't get a honeymoon suite when we went to the BDR at sensatori :( we even asked for a swim up and then said they didn't have any, overall the resort was great besides the beach but to be honest most of our guests will probably be at the pool anyways.

I too was disappointed with the food tasting at the BDR, filet mignon was so dry and fish was not good. I went back to sensatori and asked the WC bc filet mignon is one of our played dinner options so was super concerned and he assured me the chef does not cook the filet mignon that dry at sensatori,

• Like 1

@@kmk2016

Yeah the prices are high but the wedding coordinator at Generations said they were planning on lowering them because they haven't had even 50% occupancy yet.  She told me to have my TA get in touch with them to see what they could do so I am waiting to here back with the prices.  We are getting married on the beach and that is why the beach was so important to me which is another reason why I am having a hard time with Generations.  The beach was beautiful with no seaweed but we still don't know how we feel about the concrete in the water lol. 

We were hoping the BDR would help us make our minds up and I think it just made it a little harder lol.

@@icoangel78

I agree I forgot about the fish…that was awful.  I didn't think about every chef cooking differently at every resort.  I wonder which resorts chef made that?

Sorry you didn't get upgraded! :(  They must have been full or something.