Photo

Riviera Maya 2015: Independent Wedding Planner Needed At Resort ?

independent wedding planner Mexico Resorts & Hotels

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 IMChicago

IMChicago
  • 5 posts
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Hi everyone, 
We're just getting started on our planning for an early 2015 wedding in Riviera Maya and have a few resorts that are at the top of our list. 
What was everyone's first step ? Contact the resort directly or talk to an independent wedding planner in the area ? 

I'm hoping that maybe an independent planner can help me with the contract since I've heard the resorts like to nickle and dime you for any type of customization and add fees for outside vendors. They might also be able to help out with details and communication since the resort planners can be pretty tied up with all the other weddings they're handling.

I'm a little overwhelmed sine I think we'll have close to 100 guests.

Looking forward to talking to everyone !   

Edited by IMChicago, 01 January 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hi IMchicago,

I would actually narrow down what resort you are considering first.  Some resorts do not allow outside coordinators.

If you want, tell me what resorts you are considering and I can go through the pros and cons of each or tell you how I would proceed.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hi everyone, 
    We're just getting started on our planning for an early 2015 wedding in Riviera Maya and have a few resorts that are at the top of our list. 
    What was everyone's first step ? Contact the resort directly or talk to an independent wedding planner in the area ? 

I'm hoping that maybe an independent planner can help me with the contract since I've heard the resorts like to nickle and dime you for any type of customization and add fees for outside vendors. They might also be able to help out with details and communication since the resort planners can be pretty tied up with all the other weddings they're handling.

I'm a little overwhelmed sine I think we'll have close to 100 guests.

Looking forward to talking to everyone

Hello Im Chicago,

Congats on your engagement,

As a wedding planner in the Riviera Maya, it would be my pleasure to have a chat with you, it could be over skype or by phonecall, please send me a mail so we could schedule our meeting.  

weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com 

Happy Planning

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
    http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
    Joyce

#4 IMChicago

IMChicago
    • 5 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hi IMchicago,

I would actually narrow down what resort you are considering first.  Some resorts do not allow outside coordinators.

If you want, tell me what resorts you are considering and I can go through the pros and cons of each or tell you how I would proceed.

Hi Tammy, 
    We were thinking on the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort and Spa. I would like to use their chapel but also need to figure out if we can get legally married here and perform a " Catholic Light" ceremony in the chapel to make things easier. Also my fiance is not Catholic so we need to figure that out.

Another one on our list is Valentine Imperial , but they don't allow children which might be a problem.

Any suggestions advice you could offer would be much appreciated ! 

Thank you 

Hello Im Chicago,

Congats on your engagement,

As a wedding planner in the Riviera Maya, it would be my pleasure to have a chat with you, it could be over skype or by phonecall, please send me a mail so we could schedule our meeting.  

Happy Planning

Joyce

Hi Joyce, 
    I would love to talk! I'll send you an email to set up some time. 

Thank you
    Ivette

#5 ylan9383

ylan9383
    • 188 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
    • LocationChicago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Are you a Chicago bride?  Will you be attending the bridal expo in Schaumburg on the 19th?

#6 IMChicago

IMChicago
    • 5 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Are you a Chicago bride?  Will you be attending the bridal expo in Schaumburg on the 19th?

Hi, 
    I had no idea there was an expo. We live in Chicago but will be out of town on the 19th. Are local expos worth going to if I'm having a destination wedding ? 
    It may give me some guidance on where to get a dress, I'm a little clueless on that part LOL. 

Thanks for letting me know of the expo I might try to look up their website and see if it has some good info !

#7 ylan9383

ylan9383
    • 188 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
    • LocationChicago

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

Hi, 
    I had no idea there was an expo. We live in Chicago but will be out of town on the 19th. Are local expos worth going to if I'm having a destination wedding ? 
    It may give me some guidance on where to get a dress, I'm a little clueless on that part LOL. 

Thanks for letting me know of the expo I might try to look up their website and see if it has some good info !

I thought I'd check it out to at least get some deco ideas. Use 4 free ticket code: TKEB  from theknot.com!!

#8 IMChicago

IMChicago
    • 5 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Thank you for the code, looks like there a ton of them throughout the year. Thanks for the idea I might try to check one out !

#9 amy330

amy330
    • 152 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Dream Riviera Cancun
    • LocationPuerto Morale, Mexico

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

Congratulations!  I would check tripadvisor and the reviews on this site to narrow it down.  Super helpful!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users