32 replies to this topic

#21 alxolm77

alxolm77
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Have any of you booked the Mariachi for your wedding in Las Caletas? What do you think about them? How many are there?Have you heard any samples? I am mexican, so having a Mariachi is a must. It is just overwhelming to book a mariachi that you have not heard. Please share your experiences…. thanks a bunch XO

---Alejandra Olmedo

#22 Trayceelynn

Trayceelynn
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

@alxolm77

I have booked the Mariachi band yes , I was at Las Caletas this year in Feb 2013 and they played as

we ate lunch...they were awesome.

#23 Ella2015

Ella2015
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

Hi everyone! This thread has been so helpful as I look into LC for my wedding next year. Would any of you know what the cut-off time is at night? I'm assuming there's just one boat that takes the group back at night and I'd love to know when that is. Ideally, I wanted the party to last deep into the night, but not sure that's an option with LC. 

Thanks!!

#24 alxolm77

alxolm77
    • 4 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
    • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

@Trayceelynn Thank you for your feedback, But what was the name of the Mariachi? I would like to research them so I can see a video/sample of their music. I think the price is steep ($850/hour), if it is for less than 8 musicians.

#25 Sofi23la

Sofi23la
    • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

My friend got married there last year, be careful with the extra charges. She originally wanted to hire this vancouver photographer "Erin Gilmore Photography" but it turned out she did not have date available, but kindly she recommended this photographer in Vallarta who Erin has worked with "Estefania Flores Photography". Well, my friend got charged $500 USD extra (yeah, not canadian they convert it into USD) for hiring and outside photographer. To me it sounded ridicoulous since I don't believe the photography of "Vallarta Adventures" is good enough t to overcharge my friend for not hiring their photographers. Well just be careful with that!

#26 Trayceelynn

Trayceelynn
      • 4 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

@alxolm77 I am not sure but i was looking through some past pictures of weddings being held

there and it seems it's a 6 piece band. Maybe Denise will know the name and more info about it.

@Sofi23la I read that it was a extra charge for a outside photographer so i am not sure how good the one they use is. Was there anything else from her wedding that you are aware of the we should know about? thanks so much

#27 Sofi23la

Sofi23la
      • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

@Trayceelynn that was mainly it, using outside vendors is really a pain while doing your wedding in Caletas. My friend was pretty happy with her photos so she think's it was worth it and had no problem paying the extra cash.In my opinion I find it absurd because apparently the company doesn't give any of this money to the photographers who don't get booked, is just a way for the company to not loose money. We found this out because the phtoograoher who was booked used to work for VA and was surprised when we mention to her the extra charge. Also theirs almost no beach in october, november and december so the tide was quite high at the event, make sure to check the climate!!

Best of luck!!

#28 fashionleader

fashionleader
        • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

Wow,really sweet to hear this love story.

Wisehsbridal.com- the professional online shop for wedding dresses,mother of bride dresses,prom dresses and so on.

Wishesbridal will make the the dresses as you wish.

http://www.wishesbridal.com/

#29 melpaegs

melpaegs
          • 20 posts
          • Wedding Date:March 24, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

Past LC brides: Do any of you have a detailed list of the types of liquor, wine, beer, cocktails, soft drinks, ect that are available during the reception. I want to make a sign of what is available to our wedding guests. Thanks in advance!

#30 Alanna

Alanna
          • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

My fiance and I are getting married at Las Caletas on 11/21/15. Does anyone have any tips for photographers? Also, any tips/recommendations/advice for blocks of rooms at one of the many hotels? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users