June 2014 Riviera Maya Brides!

My maid of honor has convinced me I don't need to ask for RSVP for the invitations since everyone who is coming has already booked their rooms. I'm confused!

My maid of honor has convinced me I don't need to ask for RSVP for the invitations since everyone who is coming has already booked their rooms. I'm confused!

I didn't bother requesting traditional rsvps because I've heard from friends that most people don't bother sending them in. I figured why waste the stamps. Im getting married two weeks after you, June 20. We went STDs early Oct and I plan to send formal invitations early February. I have an enclosure requesting RSVP by April 18 on our wedding website.  Oddly, we have eight rsvps on our site, but none of them have reserved rooms and we have seven reserved rooms, but none of them have RSVP. Almost every day I have a conversation with someone who affirms they or someone they know is coming but haven't rsvped or reserved. Obviously, I will make my final tally by who has a reserved room. 

One reason for my confusion about the invitation RSVP is that my TA/wedding planner told us last week that AS is sold out for the weekend of June 4-8. If people haven't already put a deposit down, then they probably won't be able to get a room. I have a contract for 15 rooms and we increased it to 18 rooms. If more people want to come, I don't know how we will accommodate. Of course, there are worse problems than having more people than expected want to attend your wedding.

Congratulations fellow June brides.  I am getting married June 30th at Dreams Riviera Cancun.  I actually just sent out invitations and I sent them out so early because I have a lot of rooms blocked and I have to let any unused rooms go by March 14th. We went ahead and invited a lot of people, knowing a good many won't be able to make it, but we have a good amount of people who haven't really implied if they are coming or not so that's another reason we sent them out so early. 

I'm now working on booking a photographer.   We have Adventure Photos through our resort and a couple of the photographers are supposed to be great but there packages don't include as many photos as some of the outside photographers I've researched. I'm looking at Juan Navarro and Ivan Luckie who both look amazing.   .Any thoughts?

@@af2492 I an using Ivan Luckie for my June 8th wedding.  My best friend was married in 2008 at Dreams in Tulum and her photographer (who was booked the day of my wedding) recommended both Juan Navarro and Ivan Luckie to me.  I went with Ivan Luckie but both have amazing photographs.  

@@GingerJ228 I'm kind of in a lull too. I have a list of things to do but nothing at the moment. I might start working on some things like the guest book,etc. because I'm afraid if I wait until March/April then Im' going to be overwhelmed with stuff to do.

I have alot of little things left but all the big things are booked and completed ( which feels nice but weird that it's 4 months away and I'm just sitting here waiting for spring to start doing things :)

I just found someone for my invitations over the weekend.  I am super excited about it.  Next on my list is our wedding bands  and to buy undergarments for my dress and shoes,  Other than that I am at a standstill. 

@@GingerJ228 let me know where you find the undergarments. My  mom ordered me some from online and it fit horribly so I"m going to have to go and look. I saw a few lingerie shops in NYC so I'll probably check one of those out so they can fit me. Let me know if you have any reccos. I got my shoes at nordstrom ( wedges) and then order flat sandals for afterwards bc I literally hate wearing high shoes but my FI is 6'1 and I"m 4'11 so I figure for pics and then first dance I'll wear the wedges then change so I can dance :) We are getting our wedding bands at  a place in hoboken I think but if you have any reccos in NYC I'll take them :)

Great progress this week! My MOH does calligraphy and she just finished the first batch of invitations. She mixed her own ink to match the printed invitations and used a coordinating font for the addresses. They are very beautiful and elegant. I decided to wait until the end of February or early March to send them out since I don't expect to get any more acceptances.

Has anyone checked out airfare and flights to Cancun? Last year, the prices were around $400 or a bit less round trip from Chicago. Have prices gone up this year?

• 3 weeks later...

Great progress this week! My MOH does calligraphy and she just finished the first batch of invitations. She mixed her own ink to match the printed invitations and used a coordinating font for the addresses. They are very beautiful and elegant. I decided to wait until the end of February or early March to send them out since I don't expect to get any more acceptances.

Has anyone checked out airfare and flights to Cancun? Last year, the prices were around $400 or a bit less round trip from Chicago. Have prices gone up this year?

I'm getting married in July and we are coming from Chicago as well. When deciding between June and July, I think I noticed June was a little cheaper but since confirming our date, I haven't paid much attention. For July, it's been flucuating a little bit from week to week. I've seen it anywhere from $415-$550. Good luck!

I made great progress this past weekend while stuck home with the flu and then through the snowstorm we got here in the northeast. Vista print was having a semi-annual sale so I ordered postcards which will give our guests with a note asking them tomail back their favorite memory of the wedding for our scrapbook and also the inserts for the luggage tags which I will send out with the pre-welcome brochure. I figure it didn't matter how early I ordered those because they won't change from not until the wedding. I will have ALOT of extra inserts for the luggage tags since minimum order is 250 ( they were so cheap it was worth it) The design was generic so if anyone wants them I'll mail them to you once they arrive. All you have to pay is shipping. I'll see if I can attach a photo.

I also ordered the luggage tags and the badge holder for the key holder. So much to still do but well on my way.

Here are a few of things I made on vistaprint. I am NOT creative whatsoever. If it wasn't for the girls on this post I wouldn't have any of these ideas so thanks to everyone across BDW that shared their ideas to make this possible for me. post-275068-0-89260300-1392303605_thumb.jpg This is the front of the luggage tag which I will have extra of so if you like let me know and they are yours!

post-275068-0-32636400-1392303619_thumb.jpg This is the back of luggage tag.  Kind of basic but it does the trick

post-275068-0-66383400-1392303664_thumb.jpg This will be put in front of the postcards in teh welcome bag for each guest tied with ribbon.

post-275068-0-64762900-1392303640_thumb.jpg This is front of postcard. we kept it simple because we will probably put in a scrapbook and cover the front design anyway

post-275068-0-74093700-1392303654_thumb.jpg This is back of postcard. Pre- Addressed and we will also have stamps on them so all people have to do when they get home is drop them in the mailbox.