#41 angelajackson

angelajackson
  • Site Supporter
  • 114 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar Punta Cana
  • LocationSpruce Grove, AB

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

I love the idea of OOT bags.... but adds to the long list of how to do something "out of the box" , "memorable", "unique", and "not tooo costly"!

I think my co-workers will re-name me a few times over the course of wedding planning!

#42 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
  • 288 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

By the time it's all said and done, the OOT bags end up being a "not too costly" notion that turned out to be the opposite- costly. :huh:

I keep seeing cute things that I can't resist getting. The bags are unique and I'm sure my guests will LOVE them but I'm not even going to add up the contents because I'll hear it from the fiancĂ©. (He thought they were an unnecessary expense from the very beginning.)

#43 angelajackson

angelajackson
  • Site Supporter
  • 114 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar Punta Cana
  • LocationSpruce Grove, AB

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for the insight @1BeachBride

Costly or not, it is all about giving back to our guests who will endure some costs to show their support. Why not give a token of items that they need, may forget to pack, and not incurr RESORT pricing for basic items!  

#44 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
  • 288 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

That's how I explained it to him as I made more purchases. "They're taking off work & paying thousands of dollars to travel and support us. The least we can do is give them an OOT bag as a way to say thank you." @angelajackson

#45 DestiBride

DestiBride
  • 20 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 17, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

I think it's very important to do something special for your guests. Many of us choose destination weddings so that we can save money but for our guests, it's the opposite. They really go out of their way to be there for us so showing them some appreciation is a MUST, in my opinion. We got married a couple of weeks ago in Punta Cana, DR and our 32 guests were the ones who turned it into the absolute time of our lives. We had a pre-wedding excursion, OOT bags and even paid for many of our guests' rooms. I'm not suggesting everyone do all of that but if you're looking to cut costs, showing gratitude and appreciation for others is not the place to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users