Are Favors And/or Oot Bags Must Do?

@@Meandhim - The excursion idea is great and if I were a guest, I'd really enjoy that. I looked into the idea too (catamaran tour), but it's still pretty pricey. Not sure what we're doing yet but I do love the idea of the OOT bags and maracas. I also want to have a fun white party welcome party on the beach to thank everyone for coming and have some type of awesome factor (cigar roller, fire dancers or something). But we'll see! All of this definitely adds up quickly

Yeah- we are thinking of doing a few "experiences" rather than favors... But like you, I will like the idea of OoT bags and will still do them unless I can talk myself out of it! We plan on doing a catamaran cruise/s'mores beach party as our welcome event and then a golf tournament at a local course later in the week. (With fun prizes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not doing oot bags or favors... we determined that we never end up keeping the wedding favors we get anyway. They are a lot of money to put together and then you have to travel with them. We want to be stress free and I'm sure our guests won't care. I am thinking of doing something special in our thank you cards instead of the oot bags and favors. 

I wasn't planning on the oot bags either. I was just thinking of giving all of our guests a personalized tumbler and this way they could use this for their drinks on the resort and also bring it home with them. I was just thinking of that and then giving the wedding party something a little more.

I will be doing OOT bags that include favors and snacks. Some of items in the bag are considered the favors- bottle openers, sports bottles, etc...

We are doing them as a way to thank our guests for supporting us in such a huge way. I think they are tasteful.

However, I've been to a destination wedding that gave nothing- neither a favor or OOT bag.  

I went to a wedding in Cancun last year and she didn't do the OOT bags.  However, she did favors - pictures, picture frames, candles, maracas.  

Since I am getting married in Jamaica, I was thinking of doing miniature bottles of Appleton Rum, mini bags of blue mountain coffee and key chains. 

• Like 1

The t-shirt idea is not bad. I think people will get good use out of a t-shirt,(even if they will only wear it to bed and not in public)

So far I have fun n' sun kits (aloe, spf and I want to get chapstick too). I'm putting these in a clear cellophane bag, tying with ribbon and made stickers on vistaprint to label the outsides. I also have weekend survival kits that I'm putting in a small organza bag. There will be individually wrapped Tylenol, advil, pepto, etc in them. We are making lanyards for room key and tip money also. All of this stuff is going into the 3 dollar beach bags I found at target. Maybe we will do t-shirts to fill up the bags. I feel like this really didn't add up to much and is thoughtful. even if the guests don't use everything they will say "wow, they must have put a lot of time/thought into these bags." I just think it's a nice thing to do for them.

Having said that, I do think that if you have a small budget then skip the bags and spend the money on an excursion instead. We are planning on doing an excursion as well as picture frame favors (they double as our seating place cards) and raffia fans for the ceremony. I think that is quite enough!

I think you could go either way with OOT bags. We're still deciding on our but will probably do something like a welcome letter, cup, Advil, Emergency vitamin packs & something else. We don't want to put too much money in them but want to do something as a thank you. 

Also our hotel charges to place bags in the rooms so we are giving them out at the welcome cocktail hour instead to save some money.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a wedding in Cancun last year and she didn't do the OOT bags.  However, she did favors - pictures, picture frames, candles, maracas.  

Since I am getting married in Jamaica, I was thinking of doing miniature bottles of Appleton Rum, mini bags of blue mountain coffee and key chains. 

I love this idea... I am also getting married in Jamaica. How will you go about getting these to put in your OOT bags? is there a place you order from down there that will ship them?

I love this idea... I am also getting married in Jamaica. How will you go about getting these to put in your OOT bags? is there a place you order from down there that will ship them?

@@kay2015.....I am actually going to Jamaica in a few weeks and I am going to check out some shops to get favors.  I think I am actually going to purchase them in Jamaica prior to the wedding instead of ordering them and then having to take them to Jamaica. I am not expecting that many guests so I will put the favor bags together while I am there prior to the wedding. 

@@kay2015.....I am actually going to Jamaica in a few weeks and I am going to check out some shops to get favors.  I think I am actually going to purchase them in Jamaica prior to the wedding instead of ordering them and then having to take them to Jamaica. I am not expecting that many guests so I will put the favor bags together while I am there prior to the weddinng

lucky you lol enjoy your trip..i love the idea but I would have to find a website to order from lol