Transcabo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:22 PM

I emailed Transcabo to set up transporation for my guests from the airport to Dreams. But I got an email back from a destination management company, Incentives Management, saying that they are a part of the Transcabo group.

For the girls that have and are working w/ Transcabo, did you go through this other company? I'm just wondering if it's going to be more expensive b/c I have to work through a middleman.

FYI, I spoke to Maye regarding transportation for my guests, and she quoted me $31/p. I'm just trying to find something cheaper.

#2 fogdog

fogdog
    • 170 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

The same thing happened to me with the reply email.
      Basically, unless you have 16+ people arriving all at the same time, there is no economic benefit to reserving as a group. For anything less, if you are not paying for your guests, the easiest thing is to have them book directly online.
      Personally, I'm not paying, but I have asked guests for their arrival info and will help coordinate for those who arrive at the same times to share private transit so they don't have to do a shuttle. But I will ask 1 person from the group to be the "leader" and do the online reservation and they can sort it out from there. So far, people are happy about this bc they can have more direct transit without having to pay the private price (assuming I can put together groups of 5 or more).
      Bridget and Brian
      Los Cabos 11/17/07

#3 Leia78

Leia78
      • VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by fogdog
        The same thing happened to me with the reply email.
        Basically, unless you have 16+ people arriving all at the same time, there is no economic benefit to reserving as a group. For anything less, if you are not paying for your guests, the easiest thing is to have them book directly online.
        Personally, I'm not paying, but I have asked guests for their arrival info and will help coordinate for those who arrive at the same times to share private transit so they don't have to do a shuttle. But I will ask 1 person from the group to be the "leader" and do the online reservation and they can sort it out from there. So far, people are happy about this bc they can have more direct transit without having to pay the private price (assuming I can put together groups of 5 or more).
        Good point. I'll take this into consideration.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:25 PM

leia,

i also help arrange transfers for your guest...it is $34 per person for roundtrip but it is worth it because your guests don't need to come at the same time and the transfer company is really nice and reliable

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Leia78

Leia78
        • VIP Member
        • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by host
          leia,

i also help arrange transfers for your guest...it is $34 per person for roundtrip but it is worth it because your guests don't need to come at the same time and the transfer company is really nice and reliable
          Okay, good to know. Hmmm, this might be easier for them to book their hotel through you and at the same time arrange for transportation.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:43 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Leia78
          Okay, good to know. Hmmm, this might be easier for them to book their hotel through you and at the same time arrange for transportation.
          yeah, that is how i usually do it and it is especially easier if i also do their air.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Leia78

Leia78
          • VIP Member
          • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:56 AM

Quote:
            yeah, that is how i usually do it and it is especially easier if i also do their air.
            BTW, how much do you think air would be? Most of our guests will be flying out of SFO, Oakland, and San Diego. I want to give them a rough est. on the pricing for flights on our website and newsletter.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:03 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Leia78
            BTW, how much do you think air would be? Most of our guests will be flying out of SFO, Oakland, and San Diego. I want to give them a rough est. on the pricing for flights on our website and newsletter.
            well, air rates for nov. 2008 are not out yet...it would be cheaper for your guests to fly out of sfo than oakland and this year i was getting flights out of sfo in the $320-400 range usually.

from san diego it was around $400-450 but if they are close to LAX it would be cheaper from there.

Awards and recognition: 

#9 Leia78

Leia78
            • VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:09 AM

Quote:
              well, air rates for nov. 2008 are not out yet...it would be cheaper for your guests to fly out of sfo than oakland and this year i was getting flights out of sfo in the $320-400 range usually.

from san diego it was around $400-450 but if they are close to LAX it would be cheaper from there.
              Thanks for the info.

#10 caboservices

caboservices
              • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

against vendor rules
                Nadia Brown
                011 52 624 1443419

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users