Photo

Any other brides of 2016? Do we need to prepare now?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Stephieee

Stephieee
  • 12 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 11, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Hello 27dresses

I am also a 2016 bride to be. I have already booked my hotel, which is The Royal Playa  del Carmen. My date date is July 2, 2016. Too early to start booking the hotel, so I have to wait for that. I am in the process of shopping for wedding dresses now. I have started buying little nick nacks for my OOT bags. Things like bubbles, bells, etc.... I plan to have 20 friends and family attend, so I should not be out a bunch. My only other issue I am having is should I hire a DJ. most likely I will not,  I plan to spend majority on pics. 

Im getting married at the Royal Playa del Carmen March 11, 2016.

I feel like I should be doing more! So far I have put my $200 deposit down and selected my package. It seems too easy, so I get a bit nervous. I dont plan to make another payment until June 2015. 

There are so many add on to consider for the wedding ceremony, and they all seem great! Have you really started looking at photographers? I start looking, but I dont want a company that sends someone out. I want the portfolio I see to be of the person who will be onsite the day of my wedding. 

#82 moonpalacebride2be

moonpalacebride2be
  • 16 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 6, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

Feb. 6 2916 bride here!! I will be getting married at moon palace. I sent out save the dates in Jan and have my room block, wedding/cocktail/reception locations secured as well as my photographer deposit paid and wedding dress bought! I am so thankful for you ladies- without this resource I would be so much more stressed! My next steps are to pick flowers and make a diy schedule... I plan to try to slowly knock them out so things aren't stressful at the end. I am so excited!

Im getting married at the Royal Playa del Carmen March 11, 2016.

I feel like I should be doing more! So far I have put my $200 deposit down and selected my package. It seems too easy, so I get a bit nervous. I dont plan to make another payment until June 2015. 

There are so many add on to consider for the wedding ceremony, and they all seem great! Have you really started looking at photographers? I start looking, but I dont want a company that sends someone out. I want the portfolio I see to be of the person who will be onsite the day of my wedding.

I am using Ivan luckie. He is local and very reasonable for prices- I am getting a full wedding day and underwater TTD for less then other photographers were charging for just a short wedding shoot! I love his documentary style as well- you should check him out :)

#83 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

@moonpalacebride2be congrats! Moon Palace is a great resort :) Sounds like you are well ahead in your planning stage as well.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#84 LasCaletas

LasCaletas

Insiders

• Insiders
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

Hi @27dress 
    Congratulations on your engagement!!

I'm sure this forum will provide lots of information regarding wedding venue locations, details, etc...

Planning a wedding ahead of time is a great option. When working with a planner or coordinator this timeperiod can sometimes be shortened,

With us for instance since we take care of all of the wedding event: flowers, food, entertainment, etc. the planning only takes 3 months :)  If you'd like to you can visit our website www.adventureweddingsvallarta.com and check out our wedding packages. We do ceremonies on a secluted beach wich is a very romantic setup and a wonderful experience for guests.

Best regards,

veil
    Great Spot

#85 babygirl99

babygirl99
    • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

April 2016 at Now Jade. My TA said 1 year in advance is perfect, and she specializes in destination weddings and is amazing si I trust her. We got every 11th AND 12th person free with Transat :-)

#86 imes

imes
      • 1 posts
        • LocationWinnipeg, MB Canada

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹ I'm new to BDW as well.

My fiancรฉe and I have just began narrowing down our choices for cities/wedding dates. Our travel agent has been helpful in doing so. We are currently leaning toward Jamaica in September-November 2016.

We have a beautiful six month old daughter and are looking forward to getting our family and friends together to finally tie the knot! (we put our plans on hold due to our serendipitous bundle of joy!)

Congratulations + all the best to you!
        xo iMES

#87 streelbride

streelbride
        • 36 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 31, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset/Riviera Princess, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
        • LocationNewfoundland Canada

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:44 AM

Hi all,

We are planning a March 2016 Wedding and looking at the Grand Riviera Princess for our resort. I am trying to sort out some details before I hit the TA for some pricing and info. Eeek this is stressful lol.

#88 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
        • 603 posts
          • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:06 AM

Hello 2016 Brides,

We are so happy to see that everyone has started their plans and set some dates.  It is always good to start ahead , and makes the planning smoother for you.

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
          weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
          http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
          Joyce

#89 Peggyswee

Peggyswee
          • 6 posts
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

I'm a 2016 bride also ,Planning on a May wedding ,Originally wanted to marry in FL but looking at this site it seems that out of the country offers much more ! Now the deciding begins but I really need to hurry for the guests !!
            I'm a 2016 bride also ,Planning on a May wedding ,Originally wanted to marry in FL but looking at this site it seems that out of the country offers much more ! Now the deciding begins but I really need to hurry for the guests !!

#90 AdamnJenn17

AdamnJenn17
            • 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:06 PM

it is never to early to prepare but it can be too late

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users