Photo

Any other brides of 2016? Do we need to prepare now?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#71 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

@veryvalentine hahaha!!! OMG I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! My WC is the exact same way. Also, I have this issue of emailing her every single time that I have a question because I'm super scatter brained right now. I can't even remember half of the questions i've asked, but I know that a lot of them haven't been answered yet.

I've had three nightmares so far. I've also had the one where I was suddenly getting married that same day and wasn't prepared.. I had a dream where my dress wouldn't fit or zip up and it was the day of my wedding.. my mom tried to give me this horrid looking bright aqua shawl to cover my back.. then when I got to the alter my FI wasn't there. He stood me up.. and my dad walked in to comfort me and he was wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey. Isn't that terrible!? LOL

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#72 Smellsey

Smellsey
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

I am going to buy my dress next week... I have 2 choices and I gave myself the deadline of March 21st to make a choice. Was anyone else stuck on 2 and could not decide? They are both Maggie Sottero and are at the same bridal salon so that is nice. I cannot WAIT to have that detail planned out ha

#73 CaroV

CaroV
  • 21 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 6, 2016
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

I'm a April - May 2016 bride. Got engaged two weeks ago and we are looking at a wedding in Cancun - Riviera Maya. Just started to look at venues but I feel like I'm late already! Am I????

#74 JamaicaNicole

JamaicaNicole
  • 91 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica (Secrets)
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

I am July 2016, I am a compulsive type a personality though and I had to have everything planned right away. The nice part is that having a destination wedding there is a little less prep work IMO. So far I have put the downpayment on the venue, set up my travel agent for the group booking, downpayment for my stay and the photographer. I also have saved tons of ideas for OOT bags and decorating items that I am bringing my self but I am waiting to closer to start buying. I sent the save the dates out 4 months ago to give people as much time as possible to save up for the wedding.

#75 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

@CaroV i'd say it depends on what size of resort you are looking at booking. I am a May-June bride and having issues getting the number of rooms needed for our guests (50-60 people).

#76 CaroV

CaroV
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

@ashhtayy OMG seriously? My wedding is about the same size as yours and same timing!  :( Officially freaking out now!

Edited by CaroV, 17 March 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#77 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:04 AM

@CaroV Just my opinion, but I don't think you're late at all. I didn't book or consider mine until a year before and a lot of people told me that was early lol.. (I think it was just right). You have time.. I wouldn't be to concerned.

My planning thread :

#78 CaroV

CaroV
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

Thank you @perianjay, I still feel like I need to get going. One of the hotels I was looking at is now fully booked for April 2016!  :wacko:

Edited by CaroV, 18 March 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#79 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:25 AM

@CaroV I know haha.. i'm naturally an early planner as well.. I'm 9 months away and I have practically everything planned. Don't worry, no matter what happens i'm sure it will work out how it should. :)

My planning thread :

#80 Lisa35

Lisa35
  • 55 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 4, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands, Jamaica

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:13 PM

I'm a May 2016 Bride. We are getting married May 4, 2016 at the Royalton in Jamaica. We have paid our deposit to the resort, all our guests have paid their deposits and we are expecting about 6 more to come. So our intimate wedding of 20 people has now turned into a party of 60+ people.

I am so excited. We are also bringing our photographer from here rather than booking in Jamaica, I cant imagine a weeks worth of pictures. Wished it was sooner.

What sort of things are you ladies planning on bringing from home?

I am going to Kleinfield next month and I cant wait! Will be my first time trying on dresses!

The Future Mrs. Rodrigues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users