195 replies to this topic

#191 TPryor

TPryor
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:50 AM

Hello all!

For those that got married at the suites already. Has anyone gotten their marriage certificate yet? and if so, how long did it take to come back?

#192 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

I got married June 11 and got the certificate I think August 20. So about 2 months later!

Hello all!

For those that got married at the suites already. Has anyone gotten their marriage certificate yet? and if so, how long did it take to come back?

#193 ikm

ikm
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:59 PM

Hi everyone,

I've read many of the forums (thank you guys for all the help!) and this is my first time posting. :) 

Let's get to the point. I know I want to have my destination wedding at Iberostar but I'm having trouble deciding between the sister resorts (specifically Suites or Beach).

Since many of you have successful planned your special day and explored both resorts while on the premises, I'd love to hear your opinion. What were your thoughts on the two resorts...honestly? Did you see a major difference? If you could go back, would you opt for the Beach and the cost savings?

Thank you in advance! 

#194 beckys98

beckys98
    • 543 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

Hi @ikm! I got married at Suites in June this year. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either resort for your wedding. Your day will be great at either one! So, in my opinion, it comes down to your guests and what you think will work best for them. Suites is "nicer" with more restaurants (plus you can access everything at Beach) better liquor, nicer rooms and a more upscale vibe. But that comes at a cost to your guests, of course. 

We are in our 30s, as are most of our friends, and many of our guests don't have children yet (and those who do didn't bring them!) and this was their vacation. We thought about our guests and what types of vacations they normally take and knew they'd prefer something a little bit nicer without breaking the bank. So suites was the right fit for us. It is still very reasonably priced for what you get compared to other resort brands. Or at least it was in June! 

But if your group is younger or you have many people challenged financially, then I don't think you should hesitate to book Beach. The wedding day will be really similar at both places and every single bride I've come across has had rave reviews of both resorts. 

Good luck and happy planning! I'm happy to answer any questions about Iberostar that will help. I know how stressful and overwhelming it can seem sometimes!

#195 ikm

ikm
    • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:31 AM

Thank you @beckys98. I so appreciate your help. It's nice to hear that the Suites proved to be enjoyable for your guests who did not being their kids. I have a feeling many of my guests will also use this wedding as a mommy/daddy getaway. Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't sound like the children staying at the Suites hindered the adult fun.

I'll keep you updated on what we decide.

Edited by ikm, 22 November 2015 - 12:36 AM.

#196 beckys98

beckys98
      • 543 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:58 PM

No not at all! We had 4 kids in the group and there is still a kids club and stuff for them to do. But the place isn't specifically geared toward families so it was a nice mix.

Thank you @beckys98. I so appreciate your help. It's nice to hear that the Suites proved to be enjoyable for your guests who did not being their kids. I have a feeling many of my guests will also use this wedding as a mommy/daddy getaway. Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't sound like the children staying at the Suites hindered the adult fun.

I'll keep you updated on what we decide.

• ikm likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users