2015 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite Bride

@@Tatimrivera congrats!

Are you referring to the $800 for the private dinner when referring to the tent dinner on the beach.

@@jennifernoel1 No the $800, is just to rent out the restaurant. If I'm not mistaken u have to rent the tent from an outside vendor the hotel works with PLUS pay for the set up fee per guest at for dinner and the bar. Which is ridiculous because it's the same food your getting in restaurants.

@@budgetbride2015 @@helenk @@FutureMrsGlover

I agree I think it's the craziest thing in the world that you would have to pay extra for an open bar at an all inclusive hotel.

Are any of you using an outside vendor for the cake??

@@jennifernoel1 i'm not. I am going to send the WC a pic of a design I want them to incorporate into my cake but since they don't credit you for not using something in the package I'm using everything

@@Tatimrivera Congrats!!!!!! So exciting .....I'm looking forward to your reviews and pictures

Great thread ladies. I am getting married this October at IBRHS. So far the email responses between the resort are usually within 48hours. They are very informative.

We are getting married in the lobby location overseeing the resort. Our guest list as of yesterday is 25. We are hoping to have 40 so we can have a private reception. I have reservations about a semi private reception because it is only dinner and we would have to pay extra for a space. I think renting a tent on the beach and the dinner cost is ridiculous (especially because we are at an all inclusive). We are still seeking a photographer (but FYI sungold photography does beautiful work unfortunately they are booked on our date). I will return after the wedding to update and make reviews on my own experience.

Ladies here's a tip you probably already know about. ....Pinterest, the dollar store and a hot glue gun is your best friend. You can create a beautiful center piece for under $20 oh and if you have a Christmas tree store near you....you are in luck

Soooo I tried to attach a picture to show you guys and I'm below the post requirement. ..LOL! Im sure by next year I'll meet it

post-278927-0-45538800-1405258015_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

@@budgetbride2015.....that is very good.  I was thinking of doing something similar with a bigger vase but with tealights around the vase.   I can't imagine spending the cost to have the resort do the centerpieces.  

• Like 1

@@Tatimrivera congrats!

Are you referring to the $800 for the private dinner when referring to the tent dinner on the beach.

@@jennifernoel1 no the beach reception is $260 for the tent plus $1800 for actual reception (and this is the less expensive choice). Which is nuts because I wouldn't even want a tent but it's mandatory. Not to mention way more expensive then $800 for 40 guest.

@@budgetbride2015.....that is very good.  I was thinking of doing something similar with a bigger vase but with tealights around the vase.   I can't imagine spending the cost to have the resort do the centerpieces.  

The cheapest way to go in my opinion is lanterns and candles you cant beat that. IKEA has lanterns for about $3-10 each. Or cylinder vases with food coloring to incorporate your wedding colors and silk flowers. And go to etsy and get the mr and mrs sign for $50 bucks

@Tatimrivera 

Thanks for the heads up. But when I was there I seen a wedding on the beach and they had no tent. I wonder if this is a new policy.They had a very nice reception on the beach.

I also seen a reception by the pool area.

@jennifernoel1 i'm not. I am going to send the WC a pic of a design I want them to incorporate into my cake but since they don't credit you for not using something in the package I'm using everything 

@Tatimrivera Will the create the cake based on the design you want?? If so, Ill be doing the same. I do know that they will charge if you want a a bigger cake.

Their cake is pretty good. They had one made for my cousin and my best friend because we vaca there for their birthdays. When we came back to our rooms each one had a cake on their night stands

• Like 1

@budgetbride

I can completely understand my family is huge. And my guest list is over 200 but I only expect about 50 the most. But I will be sick to the stomach if more than that comes. LOL.

• Like 1

My family is from Jamaica so this is like a family reunion for them....smh then my FI is a Kappa and have 3 families mom, stepmom and dad ..so not ok

@budgetbride

I can completely understand my family is huge. And my guest list is over 200 but I only expect about 50 the most. But I will be sick to the stomach if more than that comes. LOL.