Photo

Wedding welcome bags?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lasoakeno

lasoakeno
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

We are going to have many out of town guests come in for our wedding, so we are making "wedding welcome bags" , please give us any ideas or suggestions you have for what we could put in the bags. Preferably inexpensive items, we are on a budget with these bags. Also, I am very crafty if you have any creative ideas as well. I like also BagsQ clothing and messenger bags for girls...

#2 GingerJ228

GingerJ228
    • 158 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 8, 2014
    • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
    • LocationMexico

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

I found  mini Spanish phrase books for dummies and Spanish to English dictionaries to add into the OOT bags.  I found them for $1 at Target so they didn’t break the bank and I think they are a really cute touch. I am going to hit up Bath and Body works during their semi-annual sale, which I believe is right after the holidays and buy some hand sanitizer to add to my bags.  Also, I am going to add mini beach balls, which I will probably order from Oriental Trading

#3 loquaciouspunky

loquaciouspunky
    • 165 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 26, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Jewel-Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationNC

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

We are going to have many out of town guests come in for our wedding, so we are making "wedding welcome bags" , please give us any ideas or suggestions you have for what we could put in the bags. Preferably inexpensive items, we are on a budget with these bags. Also, I am very crafty if you have any creative ideas as well. I like also BagsQ clothing and messenger bags for girls...

There are so many great ideas on these boards. I keep adding things to my bags bc there are so many things that I've seen that I wanted to copy:) luckily my fiancé keeps me in check so I don't go too crazy. Gotta pay for a wedding too and not just bags!

#4 JanetandDan2014

JanetandDan2014
    • 160 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

I am also adding the mini beach balls from oriental trading.  Some other things include:

Lip gloss

Aloe

Nail polish remover pad

Pen

Ibuprofen

Immodium

Shout Wipes

#5 CurlyKristen

CurlyKristen
      • 209 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 31, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
      • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

This is a great list! http://floridianwedd...mer-in-florida/

1 - Gift guests with a kitschy way to send a postcard home (don't forget the stamp!)

2 & 3 - Using cute glassine bags (and maybe some custom stickers?), add some tangy key lime candy slices and white chocolate key lime cookies to satisfy their sweet tooth

4 - Water for the room is essential, and Zephyrhills is from right here in Florida (available pretty much everywhere)

5 - For a healthier treat, include some delish mango snacks

6 - flip flops are a fun touch

7 - Stash everything in these eco-friendly jute & cotton bags... you can have them imprinted, but I'd add a sticker or tag instead so your guests can use them again & again

8 - These travel-size tubes of sunscreen are really affordable when you order in bulk

9 - Mmm, tangerine lib balm = perfect!

10 - Guests can easily carry these practical bug repellent wipes everywhere

11 - This Evian facial spray (perfect after a sunny outdoor ceremony) is a luxurious addition

#6 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
      • 213 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
      • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Awesome ideas on here! Mini beach balls is something I really wanted to do, I wish I did! I ordered everything from Oriental Trading (and I've mentioned before, Canadian girls watch the shipping fees!) RIDICULOUS. I had my stuff sent to my BFF in Boston and when she came to Canada she gave them to my Mom.

-paper gift bag with initial B and our names, date, place

-lip balm

-mints

-golf tees

-shot glasses (they were more like plastic medicine cups) but hey, served the purpse

-paper fans with seashells on it, I had these placed on all the chairs at the ceremony

Everything had a sticker with B or our names and the place, date, in navy, my color. Shot glasses said Gracias!

I also wish I could have added a little Spanish dictionary, or Spanish for Dummies, I think that would have been super cute and helpful.

#7 LiannaBanana

LiannaBanana
      • 154 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Royalton Punta Cana
      • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Great ideas!  Thanks for the head up on the shipping $$

#8 seka21

seka21
      • 150 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

Thanks for sharing. I went and bought stuff tonight and think I am just about done. 

#9 seka21

seka21
        • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

We are doing beach towels and underwater cameras. Plus, a survival kit

#10 Juliettesaa

Juliettesaa
          • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

This is what I added to my bags:

Crossword puzzle books $1
            Coloring books for the kids $1
            Disney Coloring kit (Michael's) $1
            Disney deck of cards. $1
            Inflatable beach balls $1
            Small Pringles (box of 36 at BJ's) $7 put 2 in each bag
            Mini chocolates (I bought a big bag from BJ's) $10 and I had enough for 15 bags
            Frito lay chips- (box of 50 at BJ's) $10. 2 in each bag
            Travel size toothpaste (pack of 4 at cvs) on sale for $2
            Dr. Fresh travel kit with toothbrush, brush cover and travel bag (walmart) $1
            Makeup remover wipes (walmart) $1
            Baby wipes (dollar tree) $1
            Hand sanitizer (pack of 2 at dollar tree) $1
            Tissue paper (walmart) 3 for $1
            Tylenol individual packets (pack of 2 at dollar tree) $1. Cheaper to order online, I didn't have the time.
            Gum ( pack of 12 at BJ's) $6
            I also bought a few boxes of Smashbox lip gloss at the Estée Lauder warehouse and added one lip gloss in each bag. These came out to be $3 each.
            By the way, I also got my Clinique summer bags from the Estée warehouse for $5 each and they go great with my beach theme wedding.
            I also put some of the stuff in Ziploc bags and will be adding the water in DR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users