Site Visit - Gran Caribe Real and THE Royal Cancun

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BridetobeABCD

• 221 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hello Brides !!! I will be going to cancun this weekend and I have a meeting at my resort where I will be getting married. The Royal Cancun. I will be meeting with the wedding coordinator Flora and also tasting the menu. Do you have any questions about weddings you would like me to ask ?? Let me know. I leave Friday !!

#2 fabulousnike

• 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

How did the site visit go?  Any updates with the Hyatt buying out The Royal?

#3 jpwedding2014

• 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

What do you think about the place? I am going to have families with kids, so we are thinking about having them stay at the Gran Real but have the reception at Gran Royal. We like the hotel, based on pictures, but we don't love it. we wish we could go visit it in person to make sure this is the place.

Any information that you have in terms of location, food, venues, activities, will be useful!

#4 Jennipher

• 2 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 2, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Gran Caribe Real
        • LocationCancun Mexicao

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi Ladies!  I'm brand new to this site and this is my first post.  I'm hoping for guidance.  I am getting married at the Gran Caribe in June 2014 at the Gazebo.  Did any of you have your wedding here?  Any advice?  Anything I should focus more on or focus less on?

I'm leary and here's why...  I was originally getting married at Dreams Cancun.  They had my deposit for at least 6 months.  Well a bride's biggest fear happened 2 weeks ago.  I got a call that Dreams Cancun is being purchased and they will close in April 2014 and all weddings April and forward are CANCELLED... GULP!  So I frantically was trying to find another property that had my date available....  So anyway, Gran Caribe was kind of a last resort and not my first choice at all.  Any brides out there have experiene at this property?  Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Happy Weddings!!

#5 Carlicardenas

• 198 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
        • LocationCancun

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

Hello ladies! i just got back from Cancun (i went venue searching) and i am happy to say I picked the Gran Caribe Real/ Hyatt Zilara.

I was debating wether to have cancun or riviera maya. I chose Cancun because its easier to get from Airport. Trust me you dont want your guests to travel an hour after their trip from wherever they are coming from. (at least thats how I think)

Now, Since I am catholic and I needed a chapel i went to 4 resorts (Marriott, Gran Caribe, Omni and Moon Palace)

I chose Gran Caribe because the chapel is BEAUTIFUL. the Hyatt Zilara is AMAZING (yes they changed their sign and everything so its officially called Hyatt Zilara) :) and I did the food tasting...  :) I was not amazed by their entrees but they said they could modify it for me.

So DONT PANIC! Gran Caribel is a GREAT option! they are very professional and are used to do weddings.. but be prepare to drop some cash.. because they cahrge you for EVERYTHING :s

Hope this helps! :)

By the way - do you guys know of a threat for 2014 brides in Cancun/Gran Caribe Real?

#6 esahunnie

• 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

How were the rooms at the Gran Caribe?  I keep hearing mixed reviews on the hotel rooms.  Anyone who has been or have any feedback on that.  The wedding packages sound amazing.  

#7 Carlicardenas

• 198 posts
          • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
          • LocationCancun

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

They are nice of course the Hyatt rooms are nicer bc it's more upscale hotel :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 chirobride

• Site Supporter
          • 15 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 18, 2013
          • Wedding Location:The Royal Cancun / The Hyatt Zilara

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

There is no threat to weddings in 2014 or beyond I am getting married at The Hyatt Zilara Oct. 18, 2014 and everything is fine so no worries! My only concern is even though I have stayed at The Royal/ Zilara twice in the past I will not be able to make a trip this year before the wedding. Therefore I will not be able to do a menu tasting or pick anything out in person so any specific feedback about the menu would be appreciated since we need to make decisions to put on our invitations ASAP! Thanks!

#9 Mikecantarell

• Insiders
          • 335 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hello ladies, 

The Royal is a great place for a destination wedding, take a look at this real wedding that took place there.
            Enjoy it!  :lol:

Edited by Mikecantarell, 10 February 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#10 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder that the wedding webinar for Gran Caribe and Hyatt Zilara is this Saturday, March 1, 2014 @ 9:00am PST!  You can register for this webinar HERE!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users