Jump to content

Photo

Photoshop help


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lorilou

Lorilou
  • Member
  • 533 posts

    Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:36 AM

    Okay, my FI came up with a really cute idea for our holiday greeting cards. There is a picture of us on top of camels and we'd like to add a red nose on each camels nose and then santa hats on our heads. I've figured out how to add the red nose but don't know how to add a santa hat. I've found a clip art santa hat but don't know how to resize, edit it to fit our heads. Anyone a whiz at this kind of stuff?? thanks!!! here is the picture!
    Click the image to open in full size.

    #2 Heidi

    Heidi
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,642 posts

      Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lorilou
      Okay, my FI came up with a really cute idea for our holiday greeting cards. There is a picture of us on top of camels and we'd like to add a red nose on each camels nose and then santa hats on our heads. I've figured out how to add the red nose but don't know how to add a santa hat. I've found a clip art santa hat but don't know how to resize, edit it to fit our heads. Anyone a whiz at this kind of stuff?? thanks!!! here is the picture!
      Click the image to open in full size.
      what a cute idea!!!

      Click the image to open in full size.
      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

      #3 Lorilou

      Lorilou
      • Member
      • 533 posts

        Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:57 AM

        Thanks Heidi!! could you give basic instructions on how you added the santa hat? if it's too complicated, i can try and play with it again tonight.

        Yeah! so fun!

        #4 Heidi

        Heidi
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,642 posts

          Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lorilou
          Thanks Heidi!! could you give basic instructions on how you added the santa hat? if it's too complicated, i can try and play with it again tonight.

          Yeah! so fun!
          I use Fireworks, not Photoshop... but in Fireworks there is a tool called the 'Polygon Lasso.' You just need to carefully go around the edges of the santa hat with it. Copy it, and then paste into your original photo. I'm sure Photoshop has a similar tool! Good luck!

          Oh, I also resized the hat after I pasted it into the current picture. Also used 'Free Transform' to rotate & flip to desired angle.
          Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

          #5 Lorilou

          Lorilou
          • Member
          • 533 posts

            Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:02 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Heidi
            I use Fireworks, not Photoshop... but in Fireworks there is a tool called the 'Polygon Lasso.' You just need to carefully go around the edges of the santa hat with it. Copy it, and then paste into your original photo. I'm sure Photoshop has a similar tool! Good luck!

            Oh, I also resized the hat after I pasted it into the current picture. Also used 'Free Transform' to rotate & flip to desired angle.
            awesome, thanks! i'll give it a try. thank you!!

            #6 Lorilou

            Lorilou
            • Member
            • 533 posts

              Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

              yeah I did it! thanks again for you help heidi!!




              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users