JustNoelle's Peacock Wedding Planning Thread!! ***LONG & PIC HEAVY***

Beautifully and well done!  The wedding is gorgeous and everything is so on point with the theme.  Great advice too.  Thanks so much, and congratulations to you both!

• 4 weeks later...

@@JustNoelle I have a few questions and you seem like the ultimate expert for destination weddings LOL

1. Who did your trash the dress session? And how was it doing it underwater? We are considering it. Were you able to get your dress semi-dry to fly it back home? I feel like no one ever has explained the "cleaning up after the trashing" process to me lol so I am just curious!

2. Did you ship everything down in advance or carry it on the plane (OOT bags, etc.)

3. Where did you start your planning thread? I am new to this website and I can't find the specific forum where I could start my post about planning my wedding. Did you wait until after your wedding to do one long "planning post" ? 

Your wedding looks fabulous and you looked stunning. Congrats & and advice you can give this "newbie" would be greatly appreciated. I am getting married in four months in St Thomas/St John and i have SO MUCH LEFT TO DO!!! 

Wow I absolutely love your colors !!!!! Thank you so much for all this information. Your picture are stunning. Did you do an aisle petal runner with silk flowers?

I am unable to download the template for wedding survival kit. Would you mind emailing them to me ? I would appreciate it. Lisagonzal1 at hot mail. Thank you so much !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, what a fantastic job you did! I love your cork board map guest book- did you just have your guests sign all over it? I have a mini map theme going on, and my FH will really love this. Thank you for all the great detail! Just a beautiful wedding.

Thank you! We had our guest sign on it with a fine pt. marker. It turned out so beautiful and unique.

Your pictures are amazing.  They should be in a magazine!!!

Beautifully and well done!  The wedding is gorgeous and everything is so on point with the theme.  Great advice too.  Thanks so much, and congratulations to you both!

Gorgeous I am using Del Sol too!!! I CANT WAIT!

Great planning thread! Thanks for sharing! 

Thanks so much everyone!! I am glad you all enjoy my planning thread and I was able to give back to all of you helpful and creative ladies!!!  :)  :)  :)

@@JustNoelle I have a few questions and you seem like the ultimate expert for destination weddings LOL

1. Who did your trash the dress session? And how was it doing it underwater? We are considering it. Were you able to get your dress semi-dry to fly it back home? I feel like no one ever has explained the "cleaning up after the trashing" process to me lol so I am just curious!

2. Did you ship everything down in advance or carry it on the plane (OOT bags, etc.)

3. Where did you start your planning thread? I am new to this website and I can't find the specific forum where I could start my post about planning my wedding. Did you wait until after your wedding to do one long "planning post" ? 

Your wedding looks fabulous and you looked stunning. Congrats & and advice you can give this "newbie" would be greatly appreciated. I am getting married in four months in St Thomas/St John and i have SO MUCH LEFT TO DO!!! 

Hi Morgan,

I am happy to answer all of your questions but I am NO EXPERT. Lol.

1. Debora from Del Sol Photography shot our TTD session. After the shoot, we placed all of our wet clothes in a large plastic bag and when we got back to our room, we hung it in the shower and washed as much sand out of it as possible. We then hung it out on the back of a chair on our balcony. The dress was completely dry by the time we were ready to checkout and go home. As soon as we got back to NY I dropped it off at our local Dry Cleaners (they charged $300) and it was like almost new again.  :)

2. We shipped nothing down. Our wedding coordinator made it clear early on that they were not going to be responsible for and shipped goods. However, Maracas Mexico did ship our maracas to the resort a couple weeks before (I think that was an exception). I brought 2 extra luggages down with me. Both were hard-top to prevent any damages. We used 1 for mostly the OOT bag items and the other for the extra  wedding decorations. It worked out great for us because my sister was allowed to carry 2 extra bags for free (she has 2 kids).

3. I waited until after my wedding to post my planning thread. I even waited until after I received our "sneak preview" of our professional photo so that I could include our photos. I would suggest you start to write your post from beginning to end by using Microsoft Word or something. That way, you will only have to copy and paste it write onto the forum. 

Also, I have been MIA for awhile because I'm in nursing school. I logged in today and saw that there have been many changes to the site. So I wouldn't be able to assist you as to how/where to post your thread,

Thank you for your kinds words. I hope I answered all of your questions and I wish you all the best with your wedding planning!  :)

Wow I absolutely love your colors !!!!! Thank you so much for all this information. Your picture are stunning. Did you do an aisle petal runner with silk flowers?

I am unable to download the template for wedding survival kit. Would you mind emailing them to me ? I would appreciate it. Lisagonzal1 at hot mail. Thank you so much !!!

Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our resort forbids the use of silk flower petals on the beach (for environmental reasons). So I purchased 5 bags of real rose petals through them. If the costs of the flowers weren't so outrageous, i would've had a much fuller layer of petals for the aisle. Oh well... it did the job and I think it turned out beautiful either way. 

Sure. I'll send you the templates when I get home tonight.