There are so many fun ideas on this board and I really appreciate all of the brides before me that have posted their DIY threads! I have received so many great ideas and motivation to attempt a few of my own. I never considered myself a very creative person, but this has been a really fun experience. I decided on a boarding pass invite that incorporated the cover to provide additional information. In the end, these cost me a little over $1 each (excluding postage).
1) 8.5" x 11" white cardstock (Michael's)
2) 8.5" x 11" silver metallic cardstock (Cards & Pockets)
3) Metallic mailing envelopes (Cards & Pockets)
4) Metallic RSVP envelopes (Cards & Pockets)
1) This is my boarding pass insert. I provided the basic ceremony information and added our wedding website. The template will print 3 inserts on each sheet of white cardstock. I printed the back side first and then the front.
2) This is my RSVP card. This template will also print 3 inserts on each sheet of white cardstock.
3) This is one side of the silver metallic cover that will later be folded. I printed this side first. Our passport save the dates said "passport to paradise" so the "ticket to paradise" was a great continuation of the theme.
4) And here is the other side that has our cruise itinerary and booking information. The ink on the front side will smudge if you print right away, so I suggest waiting a bit before printing this side of the cover.
5) After waiting for the ink to dry, I folded the bottom of the sheet a little less than a third of the way up. I secured the upper right corner with a glue dot. Then I cut a diagonal line from the bottom left corner. Insert the boarding pass and RSVP card with envelope, then fold the top portion down.
I will post my templates in a few!!