June 2014 brides

sharmer

I am completely stressed out!   I have 18 ppl that have booked out of 150 we invited and everyone keeps telling me that they are going to book.  My fiancees mother hasn't even attempted to obtain her passport and a priest told me that he wouldn't marry us here b/c Mexico is a shame ( we are only doing a symbolic ceremony in Mexico) and we are decieving people.   I am taking it day by day and trying to keep in mind that certain things are out of my control.  

• Like 1

Don't be stressed about the guests reserving. Easier said than done, but most people wait until the last minute. I have 12 rooms reserved, but everyone swears they're coming. When I start feeling stress I remember this story. Last year we attend a June wedding in Jamaica. I paid the balance two weeks before the deadline and the travel agent told me I was the first to pay in full! My fiance was a friend of the couple. That means we paid before close family and the bridal party! They had a great turnout,so I know everything worked out. I only wish I had made the rsvp deadline earlier.

I am completely stressed out! I have 18 ppl that have booked out of 150 we invited and everyone keeps telling me that they are going to book. My fiancees mother hasn't even attempted to obtain her passport and a priest told me that he wouldn't marry us here b/c Mexico is a shame ( we are only doing a symbolic ceremony in Mexico) and we are decieving people. I am taking it day by day and trying to keep in mind that certain things are out of my control.

What's everyone doing for their at-home reception?

I'm doing a brunch at a local golf course - we'll show the wedding video and slideshow of all the photos, people can do speeches, and we'll have a mimosa toast.

We decided not to do an AHR.  If we were I'd do a brunch like you are.  

Is anyone else only having a symbolic ceremony at their DW?  This is stressing me out b/c we have to get married here in the US  I figured we'd get married at our local church as we are both Roman Catholic and my grandmother is freaking out that she can't come to the wedding (she's 95 and in prefect health, she is afraid to fly).  I called our parish and the insane priest basically told me that we were deceiving people and that we should have a huge bash here b/c Mexico is a sham

• 2 weeks later...

@@GingerJ228. Ha thank you for thinking of me. I found it at David's bridal on February 17th ...FINALLY. They told me that the absolute latest it will be in is June 8th and we leave June 26th. I've decided I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to worry about hitting the gym to lose my extra pounds. I think I ordered a strapless mermaid dress to push myself to hit the gym. Oh and it's satin ! I broke all the rules lol.

I haven;t purchased them yet.  Years ago when my best friend did her DW in Mexico we found the at target.  I was able to find them again but I googled Mini Books for Dummies and was able to find them again.  

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/daily-spanish-for-dummies-mini-edition-susana-wald/1030007812?ean=9781118042984

http://www.abebooks.com/9781118168974/Spanish-Phrases-Dummies-Mini-Edition-1118168976/plp

@vanessav53…  Did you send your invites out yet?  Mine are going out at the end of the week.  I am so excited.  We are almost in the 3 month mark (you are 3 months and 6 days, I am 3 months and 1 week). 

@@GingerJ228. Ha thank you for thinking of me. I found it at David's bridal on February 17th ...FINALLY. They told me that the absolute latest it will be in is June 8th and we leave June 26th. I've decided I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to worry about hitting the gym to lose my extra pounds. I think I ordered a strapless mermaid dress to push myself to hit the gym. Oh and it's satin ! I broke all the rules lol.

Congrats on finding a dress!!!! 

Don't be stressed about the guests reserving. Easier said than done, but most people wait until the last minute. I have 12 rooms reserved, but everyone swears they're coming. When I start feeling stress I remember this story. Last year we attend a June wedding in Jamaica. I paid the balance two weeks before the deadline and the travel agent told me I was the first to pay in full! My fiance was a friend of the couple. That means we paid before close family and the bridal party! They had a great turnout,so I know everything worked out. I only wish I had made the rsvp deadline earlier.

Thank you!   I was having a really bad few days and was super stressed out.  Everything is coming into place and I feel so much better than I did a few weeks ago. I'm so glad we have this site and each other to bouncy ideas off of.  And all of the helpful couples that have already gone through this process are absolutely amazing and informative.  

@@GingerJ228

So happy to hear that more people finally started booking/inquiring. one less thing for you to worry about!

How's everything else coming along

A few more ppl have booked in the past week.  We were at a wedding on Friday night and people said that they were coming.   But… actions speak louder than words.  We'll see!   My invites are going out this week and the RSVP date is April 8th.  As soon as I had ea clearer picture of my head count I and ring to start to order stuff for my OOT bags.  How is everything coming along for you?

I was very productive this weekend completing some odds and ends for the welcome bags,etc. I figure since it's so cold here int he northesat and I can't really go outside anyway I might as well do stuff for the wedding so it doesn't all build up come april/may.

I ordered a few items for the welcome bags, as well as some items on vista print for our pre-wedding packet ( Luggage tags)

I still have quite a bit to do but figure starting now will make it easier in the long run.  I stilll can't believe it's only 4 months away at this point. It will be here before we know it

What are you putting in your OOT bags?

@@GingerJ228 Glad to hear people are telling you theya re coming. The final deposit on room is on April 4th so we will know by then ( Our RSVP is on April 15th) how many people. We have 76 confirmed right now ( with room reservations) and I would say about 55 that already have flights booked so I do think we will end up right around 75 when it's all said and done.

MY OOT bags have totally been stressing me out because I want them to be awesome and I'm getting a little overboard on putting things in them. We finally found the actual bags at the christmas tree shops in Union, NJ. They were a little more than I wanted to spend but the quality is so nice, it's something everyone can use again and I figure sicne I'm not doing favors I would spend a little more on the bags. So far here is waht I am putting in bags( if you wan tpics of anything let me know)

- Travel Mug ( dollar tree) for the pool

- Key Card Holder with coil wristband

- Pepto, advil, emergen-c, colgate wisps, shout wipes

- Welcome Packet

- Facebook Who's who meet the guest book

- sunglasses

- Nautical themed Playing Cards

I will probably get more stuff as well but this is what I'm doing for now.