Ocean Varadero El Patriarca

SamanthaC

Hi my name is Samantha and i have just started planning for mine and my hubby's destination wedding in Cuba!! [Feb 2015]. I have talked to a couple travel agents in our area [Ontario Canada] and they recommend 3 different resorts[all in Varadero]. The one that really caught my eye was Ocean Varadero El Patriarca, its beautiful! 

Has anyone on this site got married there before? Any feed back/prices would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance!!!

• 9 months later...

Hey Samantha!

Have you picked your wedding resort yet? I'm getting married in a week and a half at the Ocean Varadero! They have a fantastic on-site wedding planner who has been amazing with getting back to me with all sorts of information (I'm sure I've e-mailed her at least 50+ times now). She is so patient and helpful - I'm really looking forward to meeting her! She has made me so at ease through the whole planning process so far.

They have a few different wedding packages to choose from - I'll attach the price sheet that was sent to me.

I hope to write a detailed review on here afterwards since there are none yet for this resort - stay tuned. If you have any questions let me know I can pass on any info I already have and/or for sure get back to you once we return mid August.

Cheers!

A

OVP WEDDINGS 1314.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Samantha!

Have you picked your wedding resort yet? I'm getting married in a week and a half at the Ocean Varadero! They have a fantastic on-site wedding planner who has been amazing with getting back to me with all sorts of information (I'm sure I've e-mailed her at least 50+ times now). She is so patient and helpful - I'm really looking forward to meeting her! She has made me so at ease through the whole planning process so far.

They have a few different wedding packages to choose from - I'll attach the price sheet that was sent to me.

I hope to write a detailed review on here afterwards since there are none yet for this resort - stay tuned. If you have any questions let me know I can pass on any info I already have and/or for sure get back to you once we return mid August.

Cheers!

A

i would really like  to hear any feedback you have on this resort. Im getting married there in october. I havent been able to find any reviews or anything on this resort yet for weddings.  

I was talking with the wedding coordinator there but she hasn't really been able to answer my questions.

CONGRATS!

@@krystalxoxo

My Husband and I just got back from our DW at the OV, it was AMAZING. The day was perfect, I couldn't have imagined it any better. I am so happy with the resort overall  - for a all around great vacation, nice room, nice property layout, friendly service, good food, and the main reason for our trip - a great wedding experience!

I just posed a forum thread to find out how to add a resort for review (since OV isn't listed yet), as soon as I can post a full review I definitely will!

Do you have any specific questions I can help you out with until I can post a review?

Edited by 081114OVCUBA

• 2 weeks later...

@@081114OVCUBA

hi there 

congrats!

im glad to hear everything went good.

Ive been hearing that alot of resorts have hidden costs, and you dont find out until you get there.

im  also bringing alot of my own decorations there center pieces sashes ect, im not sure if thats something you have done aswell. But from what i got from the wedding coordinator there is that they dont really have much to offer like that. Was there any type of decoration they offered there, maybe i dont have to bring it. its been kinda difficult to get an answer from them, 

also did they set everything up?

@@krystalxoxo

Hey there, thanks! :)

You'll see lots of posts in the forum here at BDW about hidden costs, but don't worry so much in Cuba and especially at the OVEP. There are some extras but nothing came as a SURPRIZE per say.

Depending on the wedding package you choose, you may have to pay for the Notary Public/translation services/legal paperwork etc and for extra people over the amount included in the packages. If you pick the free package you will find your self with a few other extra charges i.e. microphone and sound system. We picked the Pure Elegance package and it included almost everything. Did you receive a copy of the wedding package options and price lists for extras? PM me if you don't have these and I can send them to you. These are a MUST have to know exactly what you will be paying for your big day.

Also, know that there is a day pass fee for anyone coming from off-resort to your wedding (staying at another resort). This means if you are over your package's maximum number of guests, there will be a change for the day pass AND the extra person fee. We didn't run into this issue (everyone was staying at the resort and we only had 28 people and the package covered up to 30) but it seems like a common issue, one that people seem to be surprised with.

I brought a lot of my own decorations... they only have table cloths, chair covers and sashes, and other very basics - you can purchase extra flowers if you like or pick some from the gardens (that's what we did). I brought centerpieces, a cake topper, table decorations, and guest favors (in our wedding colours) which were plenty to decorate the tables. The wedding coordinator met with me in the morning of the wedding and I gave her everything and explained where I wanted it/how I wanted it placed and she took care of everything. It looked exactly as I wanted it, they did a great job!

They do not sell any sort of favors or have any other decoration rentals.. if you want something there -  its best to bring it with you. That being said, if you wanted to travel a bit lighter they do have little souvenir kiosks at the resort and you can get lots of little things for 1-2 CUC each They had key chains, pens, small toys etc.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions please let me know.

:)

@@krystalxoxo

No problem at all, I'm so happy to help!

Our reception was at the Beach Restaurant, it was completely private with dedicated staff.

I think it depends on how many people you have attending, where they put you. For smaller groups I think they use one of the a-la-carte restaurants, or a section there of.

The down side of the beach restaurant is that it is all open, no walls; therefore, no air-conditioning and lots of mosquitoes and other bugs. It was really nice having all of the extra space (huge dance floor) and lots of privacy but air conditioning would have been a definite plus!