If you are considering having your wedding at DRC I highly recommend it! I just had my wedding on January 25th 2014 and it was my dream come true. Here is a brief summary on how it went. Feel free to message me with any questions (I know how you are feeling!)
Number of Guests: 50
Length of Stay: Guests arrived on Thursday and stayed from 3 to 7 nights. My husband and I left on Sunday for another resort (Secrets the Vine).
Rehearsal Cocktail Hour: Ballroom (was supposed to be on the beach but got rained out – the ballroom was still great)
Wedding Day: Saturday January 25th, 2014 at 4pm
Ceremony: At the Gazebo. My uncle is a pastor so he married us. I will say from the weddings I saw at DRC how the officiant did the weddings was very different and not quite what I would want for my wedding – I’m not sure if it’s what those people chose but just something to think about.
Cocktail Hour: Jacuzzi w/ the mariachi band
Reception: Seaside Grill (perfect for a reception!!! Especially with the lantern lights and dance floor)
DJ: Used the resort DJ (very good except for some expletives in songs J)
Photography: Used the 50 pictures from the Ultimate Package but I brought my own photographer (pictures were the most important thing for me and it was worth it to have her for us)
Videography: Used the video from the package but also booked an additional hour (30 mins before and 30 mins after) I am sooo happy I did this! The video has made me cry over and over again. Message me if you’d like to see it!
Food: All food was great – the guests commented how impressed they were.
Spa: All bridesmaids used the spa for make-up and hair and they did a great job
- Book yourself in a Preferred Room it’s worth the extra just to have more personalized service at check in etc.
- Also book yourself a nice room. It’s nice to be able to get ready in the room with your bridal party etc.
- Ask for the complimentary room for the groom the night before the wedding that comes with the Ultimate Package.
- Ask your wedding planner for a print out of the room list in your party (if you did a group booking through travel agent etc. this should be really easy) I made copies in the Preferred Lounge for free and gave them to everyone. It was essential to be able to communicate with all the guests (esp. with weather changes etc.)
- Don’t get caught up in the details! Decide the couple decorations you want and concentrate on those. I did place cards, table numbers a couple pictures and one sign (all fit easily into a suit case)
- Don’t pay for all the extras (bows, table cloths, flowers on the gazebo, extravagant centerpieces etc.). If you want all the little details to be exactly how you want I wouldn’t recommend a destination wedding. They blew me away with what they did (which was mostly whatever came with the package), it was better than I could have imagined.