WallyBags 66" Destination wedding garment bag

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Masha

Masha
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Ebay listing http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Used only once for destination wedding. Looks like new and I have all the tags.
    This bag fitted:

• Huge wedding dress
    • Reception dress
    • 3 Bridesmaids dresses
    • Groom's suit
    • 3 Groomsmen suits
    • 4 pairs of shoes
    • Accessories

Still had room left for more. I did not need to steam anything because there was no single wrinkle anywhere. This bag was a saviour and it fits in airplane bag carry on compartment just fine.
    Paid originally $160

Official description

WallyBags 66-inch Tri-fold Destination Bag

Product Description: This destination bag is perfect for a wedding gown and tuxedo, taking the stress out of wedding travel. The WallyLock® hanger system neatly supports six or more garments and the GarmenTote® design easily fits in overhead compartments.

•  
    • Padded roll bars Accommodates various length garments for men and women
    • Fully lined interior provides protection
    • Patented GarmenTote® design fits easily in overhead compartments and meets carry-on requirements for most airlines
    • Durable, lightweight and water repellent for all weather protection Superior construction guarantees long-lasting performance WallyLock® secures hangers at the top of the bag
    • Use own hangers for quick and easy packing
    • Clothes stay neat and wrinkle-free
    • Holds up to 6 or more garments with room for a wedding gown and tuxedo
    • Full length center zipper for easy access
    • Pockets have room for shoes and accessories
    • Handles fasten together for easy carrying and attach to the trolley of most rolling luggage
    • Broadened bottom for voluminous gowns
    • Side release buckles hold bag together when folded
    • Hanger clamping system design mark is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
    • Materials: 600denier polyester
    • Color: Black
    • Weight: 4 pounds
    • Pockets: 6 pockets
    • Carrying strap: Adjustable padded shoulder strap
    • Handle: Fabric grip handle
    • Wheel type: No Closure: Zipper Locks: No Keys provided: No Exterior dimensions: 60 inches high x 24 inches wide x 3 inches deep

#2 nbateman

nbateman
    • 280 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I can contest to this bag's usefulness.  I borrowed a friend's Wally bag and could fit just as much and my dress did not need to be pressed either, not a single wrinkle and it was folded up and packed for 3 days!!

I wish I was in the market for one because I would totally buy it!

#3 nbateman

nbateman
      • 280 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by nbateman 

I can contest to this bag's usefulness.  I borrowed a friend's Wally bag and could fit just as much and my dress did not need to be pressed either, not a single wrinkle and it was folded up and packed for 3 days!!

I wish I was in the market for one because I would totally buy it!

AAHHHHH, I DIDN'T MEAN CONTEST, I agree with the bag's usefullness!! Dang it!

#4 meganwitt

meganwitt
        • 56 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 1, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I'm not sure how I'm getting my tulle dress down to Mexico. Did you check it or bring it on? I have a regular garment bag how long is this one? How big and what is the length of this one? I"m only 5'2 so dress won't be long, but would be wonderful to not have to steam. 

Thanks,

Megan 

#5 Masha

Masha
        • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by meganwitt 

I'm not sure how I'm getting my tulle dress down to Mexico. Did you check it or bring it on? I have a regular garment bag how long is this one? How big and what is the length of this one? I"m only 5'2 so dress won't be long, but would be wonderful to not have to steam. 

Thanks,

Megan 

Hi Megan, my DH carried it on his shoulder and we stuffed it on the plane in carry on, I did not trust anyone with my wedding attire, I also packed my jewelry and shoes in there. This one is 66" my dress was huge, here is exactly the same model as mine http://www.weddingsh...apri-Marie/7019, I had it in white garment bag and on a hanger. This bag folds in 3 and it has padded rollers so there is no crease when stuff is folded, when we came to Jamaica none of the garments were wrinkled, I was surprised because I was prepared to steam. My husbands suit was in perfect condition so all other the dresses and suits. Unless the material is super easy to wrinkle it should stay the way you placed it in. It was great that it folded because US Airways would not let me hang it anywhere, If I brought just garment bags it would be a disaster. 

#6 meganwitt

meganwitt
          • 56 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 1, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Once you have it folded what is the length (height) of it? Sorry Delta has strict guidelines. And I'm not letting my dress out of my sight, lol.

#7 Masha

Masha
          • 40 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Once it's folded it's 22" wide and 21" long. I measured it empty so thickness will depend on your clothes

#8 Masha

Masha
            • 40 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thank you ladies for your interest, the bag was sold. There are similar bags on amazon and ebay and they are very helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users