Hi all! Just booked our villa for a May 2014 wedding (looks like May 11 will be our date). We're very excited and now I'm starting to go forward with other planning. First, a few questions for any with experience. Second, I've listed the vendors we're eyeing and some first impressions...
1) Has anyone done a small (under 20 ppl) villa wedding without a coordinator? Any tips (particularly around getting an officiant and the legal "stuff")
2) Anyone have experience with a planner for a small / basic wedding? If so, who and approx cost? We're 10 guests and just doing it at the house we're staying at, so I'm not looking for anything crazy - maybe just license and day-of assistance
3) Does anyone have experience with Charlene Escoe @ Events by Escape? I liked that she unbundles her services, but haven't seen any reference to her on the boards
1) LOVING Brilliant's portfolio for photos. Thinking of going with Anita for 3 hours day-of, followed by a trash-the-dress session day after
2) We'd like to go Kissing Fish since everyone raves, but they're quoting $1500 just for dinner for 12 people. Yikes. I may research a private chef instead
3) Clearly ShequePerfection is a favorite. I do want hair/makeup, but may try to go with a lower price point. I don't wear much makeup and not sure I want to go all-out
Since we're just doing something with all our friends that are staying with us @ the villa, we won't do a band/music or a bar (just the grocery store for the 5 days we're all staying there!), which will be a nice cost savings. Any other fun ideas for the evening are welcome!