Royalton Punta Cana 2014

@@Potter8...yes she mentioned it to me because I questioned her about having to pay for a dinner and open bar at an all-inclusive resort. I guess I should have done more research before I booked. I will keep you posted if the prices drop. I do agree with you all, this process is becoming frustrating and I'm not happy at all about the prices being "subject to change." 

• Like 2

@@Potter8 thank you so much for the review on trip advisor! That does make me more comfortable with everything. Does anyone know if there's a way to work directly with the wedding coordinator at the resort? Laura has been my only frustration really with everything. Even my wedding coordinator from destinationweddings.com asked if I'd consider switching resorts bc of the way she has come off to us. She isn't accommodating at all. She said I have to pay $450 just to bring my own flowers! My family lives there so they were going to provide my flowers due to the over charge of the resort. Laura said just by not using their vendor I'd have to pay $450. :-(

Just curious if Laura has been responding to your e-mails lately?

She normally gets back to me within a day or two, but since I asked her for a price quote two weeks ago, I haven't heard a thing. 

Yes, I email her all the time and she responds usually within 24-hours.

Is anyone having a reception...separate from the semi-private dinner that's included in the package? I would like to party/dance during the reception to celebrate my day.....but I'm afraid the semi-private dinner won't provide the opportunity. 

@@KaDeidra262 I'm having a reception party after the semi private dinner on the resort! It's not included. You have to pay extra for that. You have the option of choosing the convention hall, the beach, or the pool area for a reception party. Also you could just pay for a private dinner and include your reception party there. All in one.

Edited by Soon2bMrsClark

HI Everyone,

I am considering planning my wedding at the Royalton. However, the prices on the a la carte menu are outrageous! I'm a litte discouraged :(

do the ceramony packages include decorations for the gazebo? why am i paying for a ceramony package if it doesn't include an isle runner and fabric to decorate the canopy or gazebo?

I'm planning to have a wedding with 20 people and want o have a private reception.  Can anyone tell me if the prices will be changing and if anyone has any pictures of the beach ceramony and pool side reception that they can share on here, that would be great.

I find the hard rock pries in Punta cana are a bit cheaper and you get a lot more for what you pay for. The only problem with that is that it would be too expensive for guests to fly and stay there. It would be over $2000 per  person from Toronto.

@@blueyes80 were you planning to use vacation express ?

The packages do not include fabric for the gazebo or aisle runners ? The hard rock is the next hotel over from the royalton. Do they offer packages if you are not a guest at their hotel ?

I finally sent Laura an email stating that I need to get concrete pricing so that we can prepare to pay when we arrive. She wrote back stating that full payment is expected 45 days in advance. She sent me a list of questions to get started.

I have emailed her so many times and this is my first time hearing about this. It's not a problem, just annoying.

@@blueyes80 I was between Hard Rock and Royalton myself. The deciding factor was the price for my guests to fly/stay.

The Hard Rock wedding packages do seem better though.

I ended up getting the free package and just adding on all the things I wanted. It works out to be less expensive than getting one of the bigger packages.

I also sent pictures of centerpieces and bouquets I liked for quotes instead of choosing from the overpriced options in the catalogue they sent me, which saved some money. 

I'm getting married on the beach and having a poolside reception. I will post pictures when I return for anyone who is interested in the locations. I know it's been frustrating for me that I couldn't see pictures of reception locations. 

@@Potter8 I really love the decor set up for the ceramony at the hard rock. It sucks that the flight and hotel stay is too expensive.

I'm also getting the free package as well and adding stuff on. That's what Laura suggested because I told her that I found everything to be too expensive.

Did you hire a dj, videographer, and photographer as well?

Are you having buffet or a la carte?

@Bigleap I'm using sunwing-group package

The ceramony packages don't offer decor for the ceramony.If you want to add an aisle runner it's $99. They have an a la carte menu where you choose all your add on. I talked to Laura about it and she suggested that I get the free package and just add on what I want. It works out to be a little cheaper.

I contacted the hard rock hotel and asked them if they offer packages if I'm not a guest and they said no. You have to be a guest to get married there.