Royalton Punta Cana 2014

@@KaDeidra262 when I saw Opa I thought no way...lol I am happy to hear it was great. I chose the under the sea restaurant. My bill is due since I am 45 days away. It has the location fee and the open bar charge. Did you pay and get a refund or did you refuse to pay for the open bar up front. I have asked about locations near bars that will be open from8-10pm but she never gives me any. In one email Laura told me that she was going to visit the property soon!

• Like 1

@@Soon2bMrsClark....About 5K...sounds like you are doing exactly what I did....just some words of advice...Punta Cana is HOT! I thought I was going to wear my gown the entire evening however after our vows, the sweat was running down my legs...lol. Dinner was outdoors as well and although the sun went down it was still pretty humid. Everyone changed after dinner and sweated some more at the outdoor dance reception. The lighting was amazing and it was right in between the two pools right off of the beach. The platform was a bit tricky though. I can't count the number of times I kept tripping. ...it's kind of like a broad walk...and difficult to dance on.

@@Soon2bMrsClark....About 5K...sounds like you are doing exactly what I did....just some words of advice...Punta Cana is HOT! I thought I was going to wear my gown the entire evening however after our vows, the sweat was running down my legs...lol. Dinner was outdoors as well and although the sun went down it was still pretty humid. Everyone changed after dinner and sweated some more at the outdoor dance reception. The lighting was amazing and it was right in between the two pools right off of the beach. The platform was a bit tricky though. I can't count the number of times I kept tripping. ...it's kind of like a broad walk...and difficult to dance on.

I would recommend Coming down a week before the wedding to scope out the scene and locations. I got there two days before and it wasn't enough time.

• Like 1

That's so awesome!!!! Sounds exactly how I'm planning my wedding there. :). I'm actually from DR so I know how hot it is. Hopefully I can manage to be in my gown for the day lol. What location did you have your ceremony? @@KaDeidra262

Yea I get there 3 days before. I hope I can get all the small stuff sorted out once I get there.

@@Soon2bMrsClark We did semi-private. My guest were seated on the "terrace" which is pretty much the front entrance to the restaurant. ..lol.

@@Bigleap35 Under the Sea is at Memories...The ambiance is amazing but the crab cakes are horrible! I only paid for the location fee and one I got there Claribel suggested the event be more private and moved it to the diamond club beach bar. I would ask Laura if you can decide on the open bar Later. It makes no sense you are paying for both. ... When you will probably change the location once you get there.

Btw...I didn't submit my final payment until one week prior to the event.

@@Soon2bMrsClark habla espanol? If so good. .. Because while they do speak English they don't comprehend well.

I used the beach gazebo for my ceremony.

Take a list. Work out the small details once you get there.

Oh and which room did you book? There was a lot of check-in issues for my guest. They're "ocean view" rooms are not directly facing the beach. You have to lean forward and turn your head a bit to view the ocean.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the information!!!! It really helps me out. We booked the ocean view swim up room. They actually allowed you to pay one week prior?!! That would be great! I am definitely waiting on the open bar once I get there now! Laura made it seem like I had no choice.

@@KaDeidra262

We have the honeymoon Jacuzzi suite but many of my guest are staying in swim up rooms. I think I would love the ocean front one.

Did you wear shoes for the beach ceremony ? I think flip flops and then heels for reception if we don't have it on the beach

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Just got back from two weeks at Royalton, and our wedding was May 7. It went very well. Claribel and Yessy are amazing!

We had 48 people in our group, a lot of them booked Ocean View Swim Up, and as those rooms were overbooked, many people were moved to other rooms. I saw very few rooms that could really be classified as "ocean view" anyway. 

Overall, awesome experience. 

• Like 1

On trip advisor they have also stated that overbooking has been a problem. I hope my group does not run into this because my guest will not be happy. 

Thank you @@Potter8 & @@KaDeidra262 for the information it is very helpful. Did either of you decide to do OOT bags ?

• Like 1

@@Potter8 Congrats on your wedding!  

How many guests did you end up having?  

I'm seriously condidering this resort for my wedding but nervous about the overbooking issue.

Also, how was the food overall at the resort.  One of my main concerns is the food being really good ( if possible)

Also, do you happen to have any advice after actually celebrating your wedding?

Thanks so much!