5 replies to this topic

#1 kay2015

kay2015
  • 222 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Ok ladies here's the problem. I want to send out save the dates in the next couple of months working on the right now. I would only like to send invitations out to ppl that RSVP. I don't see a point in wasting and time to send invitations to ppl who don't plan on going. How can I word this on the STD? Or encourage ppl to RSVP and those who do will get an invitation. I was thinking about putting formal invitation to follow but then everyone who receives an STD will expect an invitation. HELP!!!!!

#2 Raquelita0715

Raquelita0715
  • 189 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

I am also prepping for my STD's and I am thinking the same. Since I have more time as my date will be July 2015; I am going to send Std's for those who I know want to go and that family who I would love to go and I am unsure will be able to book. I am going to have them check off one of three options (yes I am going with blah children and adults; maybe thinking about it; and no will not) only the first two options will get follow up invites next year!

#3 kay2015

kay2015
  • 222 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

That's a very good idea... Thanks I may consider this

#4 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

Raquelita- Thank you so much for sharing this! I think it is great as it cuts invite costs but helps you have a sense of wedding size. Thanks!
~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#5 babystace1985

babystace1985
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Maybe just do an early RSVP and put that date on the STD or send STDs and verbally follow up once you think it's been received to see if guests are seriously considering coming? I think my FI and I are going to do the latter.
    Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

#6 FutureMrsGlover

FutureMrsGlover
    • 284 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 10, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Good ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users