Hi fellow brides!
My fiance and I would love to have destination wedding in the Caribbean. I have been looking at the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and Cayman Islands. I have found some great places but also wanted to reach out on here. I am open to other islands except St. Lucia- which I love but I was eaten alive by mosquitos there. We wanted somewhere not super touristy like Atlantis and we don't like all inclusive resorts. I am from Southern California and my fiance is from NYC. So we will be having guests from both coasts, some in between and other parts of the world.
Here are few items that we want for our special day.
1. Ceremony on the beach.
2. Fun activities for our guests- snorkeling, kayaking, SUP, sailing cruises
3. We want to have a wedding that is easy for our friends and family to travel to.
4. We are very passionate about organic and local ingredients. So would need a place that is OK with using those ingredients on the menu.
5. Awesome outdoor reception - so we can dance under the stars
6. We are planning to have a larger guest list, so would need to find a place that can accommodate that size for the wedding day.
If you have any ideas on venues, please send them my way! :-) It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for your help!