Photo

Help newbie's get 150 posts

• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#191 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Woohooo you made it! LOL open away! I heard Excellence is amazing. You won't regret that either. My aunt goes every year. I really want to try it. We fancy adult only resorts but couldn't exclude my niece, nephew, and god sister from our ceremony. 2 story suite? OMG I didn't even know. No problem. I love to chit chat hahaha. My husband is like "babe...we're already married get off the boards." I'm like "but it's my hobby. You have yours. I have mine." LOL plus I have major wedding withdrawal so talking to brides to be is like crack for me haha I sound like I have no life.

awwww !!! Yea everyone says after the wedding , you get withdrawals!

#192 MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse
    • 156 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I'm almost there!!

I see you made it...CONGRATULATIONS

#193 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
      • 243 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Thanks!!!

I see you made it...CONGRATULATIONS

#194 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
        • 308 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
        • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Seriously 150 post! UGH!!!

#195 smithandsweet

smithandsweet
        • 151 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 1, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Florida Keys
        • LocationColorado

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by krisdaversa 

Seriously 150 post! UGH!!!

it goes faster then you think... I have been "hit and miss" on here and I still got almost 75 in 4 days

#196 m8chow

m8chow
        • 255 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
        • LocationMexico

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Keep a posting... the templates are going to be worth it :woot:

I played some of the games and that helped get my posts up too.  Just search the forum for "games" and play together.

#197 flo628

flo628
        • 200 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Games, good idea!

#198 flo628

flo628
        • 200 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jennkn87 

I'm bringing up the subject of...Legal vs. Symbolic ceremony. Who is doing what? Is it easier do the legal thing before you head down for your DW? It seems to me with the little research and threads that I have read it would be ALOT cheaper. I would worry what day we should celebrate our actual anniversay on? If we decide to do it this way (which I'm leaning torwards the more I read) I would do the legal part HUSH HUSH, where only the FI and I were there. No one needs to know the ceremony on the beach is "pretend"! :mswink: What is everyone elses thoughts?

I stupidly told my future in-laws that we were thinking of legally getting married in CA and symbolic in Cabo. I didn't hear the end of it from FI's sister. I really don't understand what the big deal is. She said something obnoxious along the lines of "I have to see my brother say I do legally". So guess what, now we're forced to lie and say the symbolic ceremony is the legal one. So there.

There is a whole thread on this- families fighting, parents crying- it's insane. I think i read somewhere also that hotels will help you pretend it's a legal ceremony- down to the bandaids to put on your arm!

#199 m8chow

m8chow
        • 255 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
        • LocationMexico

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by flo628 

I stupidly told my future in-laws that we were thinking of legally getting married in CA and symbolic in Cabo. I didn't hear the end of it from FI's sister. I really don't understand what the big deal is. She said something obnoxious along the lines of "I have to see my brother say I do legally". So guess what, now we're forced to lie and say the symbolic ceremony is the legal one. So there.

There is a whole thread on this- families fighting, parents crying- it's insane. I think i read somewhere also that hotels will help you pretend it's a legal ceremony- down to the bandaids to put on your arm!

What?!  Down to the bandaids on your arm?  That's amazing!!!  We're going to do the legal wedding in Mexico (although I don't like the idea of the blood test or another country having my blood by any means cuz I watch too much CSI and Criminal Minds). 

I know how you feel about families making a stink though.  My MIL keeps trying to pressure/guilt FI into having a big Hindu ceremony when we come back because a lot of his family doesn't want to come out to Mexico.  We declined because it's not our belief and it would have very little meaning for us.

Couldn't your sister-in-law just come to the paper signing in CA if that's what you guys wanted?  What's the biggie, it's really your decision as a couple.

Just my two cents (which in Canada is rounded down to nothing now since our pennies are almost worthless).

#200 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
        • 212 posts
        • Wedding Date:September 19, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid - Montego Bay, Jamaica
        • LocationOhio

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by m8chow 

What?!  Down to the bandaids on your arm?  That's amazing!!!  We're going to do the legal wedding in Mexico (although I don't like the idea of the blood test or another country having my blood by any means cuz I watch too much CSI and Criminal Minds).

I know how you feel about families making a stink though.  My MIL keeps trying to pressure/guilt FI into having a big Hindu ceremony when we come back because a lot of his family doesn't want to come out to Mexico.  We declined because it's not our belief and it would have very little meaning for us.

Couldn't your sister-in-law just come to the paper signing in CA if that's what you guys wanted?  What's the biggie, it's really your decision as a couple.

Just my two cents (which in Canada is rounded down to nothing now since our pennies are almost worthless).

I am going to have to check that thread out! I'm currently having ALL kinds of issues with the MIL and SIL. They are trying their hardest to change my mind on having a destination wedding I think. I'm over it already She is very, very pushy and manipulative. I'm standing my ground. Now they are saying they aren't even coming to the wedding, which I think is horrible they wouldn't be there for him...but at the same time I'm getting ready to say SO BE IT!!! We are also thinking of doing the legal part here to save some money and not have to worry about any issues with paperwork and all that jazz. I'm not EVEN going to mention that part to them!! That will just be ONE more thing they will cause drama about!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users