Help newbie's get 150 posts

sky186

are you all putting your names etc on the out of town bags?  playing around on silkletter.com, i designed one that does and one that doesn't and am torn. while i think the one with our name, wedding date etc... looks really great (DF actually loved it), I also don't see very many people using it after the wedding if we go that route. would love to hear you alls thoughts!

@@Linz1131 Your welcome! I know I believe I am just doing the bag and tumbler, not sure what else to add because that is around $8.50 a person! How much are most spending on welcome bags per person? We are having around 80 guests so it adds up quick!

are you all putting your names etc on the out of town bags?  playing around on silkletter.com, i designed one that does and one that doesn't and am torn. while i think the one with our name, wedding date etc... looks really great (DF actually loved it), I also don't see very many people using it after the wedding if we go that route. would love to hear you alls thoughts!

I am putting our names on it because it is a favor, but a way out of that would be to just put a palm tree with no names, it would probably save money as well!

@ We are getting married at the Now Jade on November 21 of this year!! I've never been there so I'm glad to hear that you loved it :) 5.50! Such a good deal!

Congrats!

I really wanted to personalize the bags but wanted the guests to feel free to use them when they got home.  Maybe just the location and date? Then it looks like a souvenir.

@ - SO true (re adding up FAST). we are looking at about 75 (possibly more) so my goal is to try to spend no more than $5-7/person (DF would love it if i got it down to $3-4/person).  The most expensive item for my bag are mini crab mallets (want to rep the hometown/state), followed by the bag & tumblers. I plan to hit up a costco/sam's type of place to get travel packets of things like advil, emergenC, immodium etc...to also include. When I go down at the end of this month, I'm going to check the Cancun Walmart to see if I can buy those things in bulk and for cheap there so I won't have to pack this stuff come wedding time. 

@@tmcdonald - agreed. I'm trying to come up with cute phrase, followed by the location so it looks like a souvenir bag. After playing around on Silkletter, I think we are going to leave the date off.  That way guests will be more inclined to use them. I have great co-workers and they said they really liked the idea of a phrase and the location. *shrugs* I'd love to leave our name and date etc on but the thought of the bags being tossed or left behind makes me feel  :(.  

@@girlinthecity97 I def understand that the names and date would date the bag but it's kinda of the point they went there and they would always remember your anniversary! Haha, but when we went to the DR for my sister's wedding we just got Punta Cana 2011 on them, however, they were not as high quality as the bags on silklettter.com 

maybe a saying like "In high tide or low tide, thank you for being by our side."

• Like 1

I don't have a definite number of guests yet so no set price at this time, the less people that come the better the presents lol I love the tumbler and bag ideas but also like the ideas of a hotel key holder with lanyard, koozies, sunscreen, bug spray, etc. Decisions decisions...

Where is everyone finding their bags/totes?