Photo

For my past and planning African American brides who plan to wear or wore their own hair.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#71 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kay2015 

its going to be in Jamaica in May 2015. I am looking at the first week of may and also doing some research on the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and the Gran Bahai

Oh yeah, its going to be hot. Do you know if you want your hair up or down?

Side note:

I like talking to you ladies. I try not to beat my FI or friend's ears up so it's nice to have other brides to bounce ideas off, vent, and get opinions :grouphug:

I looked at Jamaica but my TA said DR would the least expensive. However, I think I ended up picking one of the pricier resorts there. LOL. My first choice was Barbados but they had funky flights from Columbus. So DR here we come.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

April 12, 2014

#72 kay2015

kay2015
    • 222 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
    • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Oh yeah, its going to be hot. Do you know if you want your hair up or down? Side note: I like talking to you ladies. I try not to beat my FI or friend's ears up so it's nice to have other brides to bounce ideas off, vent, and get opinions :grouphug: I looked at Jamaica but my TA said DR would the least expensive. However, I think I ended up picking one of the pricier resorts there. LOL. My first choice was Barbados but they had funky flights from Columbus. So DR here we come.

I think I want most up with some curls or something down lol haven't looked too much into it yet I'm even thinking about a weave so I don't have to worry about my hair lol I'm going back and forth lol...where in the DR are u getting married?

#73 shugapop1

shugapop1
    • 868 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I think I want most up with some curls or something down lol haven't looked too much into it yet I'm even thinking about a weave so I don't have to worry about my hair lol I'm going back and forth lol...where in the DR are u getting married?

I still don't know what to do with my hair

#74 kay2015

kay2015
      • 222 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

I still don't know what to do with my hair

Are you planning on leaving it natural or have you thought about a weave?

#75 shugapop1

shugapop1
      • 868 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Are you planning on leaving it natural or have you thought about a weave?

I am considering weave since will ve so hot and humid.

#76 kay2015

kay2015
        • 222 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I am considering weave since will ve so hot and humid.

Yes it will be... That's the reason why I was thinking about it and because I won't have to put much thought into it and it will still look good lol I'm thinking about the types of weaves there are... If that's the option I go with I would like it to be very natural looking lol

#77 kay2015

kay2015
        • 222 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm going to start looking where to get weave and what typed would be best for what I want it for... This would be my first weave... So I'm thinking maybe I should get In a couple weeks before to see his my hair takes then then take it out.. Thoughts??? Any ideas of what type of weave or where to buy ???

#78 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
        • 211 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Quote:

Well the good thing is we have a lil time to figure it out. We're getting married/staying at the Hard Rock.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#79 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
          • 211 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Quote:

I'm going to start looking where to get weave and what typed would be best for what I want it for... This would be my first weave... So I'm thinking maybe I should get In a couple weeks before to see his my hair takes then then take it out.. Thoughts??? Any ideas of what type of weave or where to buy

I'm not opposed to weave I just prefer my own hair. I don't want the hassle of dealing with the weave after the ceremony. With my own hair I can wet and go. So I'm determined to stick it out. Wish me luck ;). LOL. My Dominican stylist here said April weather isn't too bad so I'm hoping not to frizz. I'm not too concerned with the wind, I hope I'm not being na¯ve.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#80 kay2015

kay2015
            • 222 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Good for you!!!! I guess it just comes down to what works for us lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users