Jump to content

Photo

For my past and planning African American brides who plan to wear or wore their own hair.


  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
  • Jr. Member
  • 211 posts

    Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

    Okay ladies I have attached a collage of one of the above pics with some birdcages I like

     


    Tuff Luv

    Reese & Kandie

    Hard Rock

    Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

    April 12, 2014


    #32 RandL2015

    RandL2015
    • Site Supporter
    • 260 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 26, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay Jamaica
    • LocationCharlotte, NC

    Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

    I like the center bottom birdcage veil and the Beyonce picture hairstyle.

    #33 TuffLuv

    TuffLuv
    • Jr. Member
    • 211 posts

      Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by RandL2015 

      I like the center bottom birdcage veil and the Beyonce picture hairstyle.

       

       

      Thanks RandL2015, I like the B hairstyle and that birdcage is cute. I really don't have a fav yet just a concept.


      Tuff Luv

      Reese & Kandie

      Hard Rock

      Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

      April 12, 2014


      #34 MrsPeele2B

      MrsPeele2B
      • Jr. Member
      • 187 posts

        Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

        Those hairstyles are beautiful!!!! I love them. TuffLuv have you considered any updos? I know it can be real windy and be humid in DR. I like the curls though.

        #35 TuffLuv

        TuffLuv
        • Jr. Member
        • 211 posts

          Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

          Those hairstyles are beautiful!!!! I love them. TuffLuv have you considered any updos? I know it can be real windy and be humid in DR. I like the curls though.

           

          Thanks MrsPeele2B. I have thought about some updo styles but really like these. I have thought about the wind factor. I figure if my curls blow it won't ruin the hairstyle, I can just move them back into place. However, if my updo blows it may not be as easy to restore the original look of the style. I'm not sure how humid it will be in April. I will do my homework b4 I settle on a final decision. My Dominican stylist did say April the weather isn't too bad and I showed her the pic of the style I want.

          Tuff Luv

          Reese & Kandie

          Hard Rock

          Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

          April 12, 2014


          #36 curlygirlnpearl

          curlygirlnpearl
          • Newbie
          • 52 posts

            Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

            Hey ladies! I'm also natural and my hair hits my bra strap. I had a twisted updo for my e-pics but with us leaving days before the wedding I'm afraid that the updo will be a frizzy MESS!! I'm getting married in Mexico and I'm terrified thinking about a style. Everyone keeps saying get a curly weave but I've NEVER had a weave and I don't think my wedding is the day I want to test it out. Plus, I love my curls but a wash-n-go doesn't really go with gown. Ugh! Btw, love the hair ladies!!



            #37 TuffLuv

            TuffLuv
            • Jr. Member
            • 211 posts

              Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by curlygirlnpearl 

              Hey ladies! I'm also natural and my hair hits my bra strap. I had a twisted updo for my e-pics but with us leaving days before the wedding I'm afraid that the updo will be a frizzy MESS!! I'm getting married in Mexico and I'm terrified thinking about a style. Everyone keeps saying get a curly weave but I've NEVER had a weave and I don't think my wedding is the day I want to test it out. Plus, I love my curls but a wash-n-go doesn't really go with gown. Ugh! Btw, love the hair ladies!!

               

              I completely understand your dilemma. One of the reasons I don’t want to wear weave is b/c I want to do the whole wash and go while on our honeymoon. I don’t want the hassle of having to maintain my hair. Also, I like my hair. It’s been 2 ½ years since I went from short (shaved in a mohawk) to where is it now and I like my natural hair. I’m proud of my progress. So I am determined to find and work the hell out a cute hairstyle for my wedding.

              Tuff Luv

              Reese & Kandie

              Hard Rock

              Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

              April 12, 2014


              #38 curlygirlnpearl

              curlygirlnpearl
              • Newbie
              • 52 posts

                Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by TuffLuv 
                 
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by curlygirlnpearl 
                 

                Hey ladies! I'm also natural and my hair hits my bra strap. I had a twisted updo for my e-pics but with us leaving days before the wedding I'm afraid that the updo will be a frizzy MESS!! I'm getting married in Mexico and I'm terrified thinking about a style. Everyone keeps saying get a curly weave but I've NEVER had a weave and I don't think my wedding is the day I want to test it out. Plus, I love my curls but a wash-n-go doesn't really go with gown. Ugh! Btw, love the hair ladies!!

                 



                I completely understand your dilemma. One of the reasons I don’t want to wear weave is b/c I want to do the whole wash and go while on our honeymoon. I don’t want the hassle of having to maintain my hair. Also, I like my hair. It’s been 2 ½ years since I went from short (shaved in a mohawk) to where is it now and I like my natural hair. I’m proud of my progress. So I am determined to find and work the hell out a cute hairstyle for my wedding.

                 

                EXACTLY!!!! I want the wash and go for the honeymoon. I love my curls! I transitioned for a little over a year because I never saw myself with short hair so it was a chin-length bob when I finally cut it. We will figure this out together lol



                #39 TuffLuv

                TuffLuv
                • Jr. Member
                • 211 posts

                  Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by curlygirlnpearl 

                   

                  EXACTLY!!!! I want the wash and go for the honeymoon. I love my curls! I transitioned for a little over a year because I never saw myself with short hair so it was a chin-length bob when I finally cut it. We will figure this out together lol

                   

                  Yes we will. LOL

                  Tuff Luv

                  Reese & Kandie

                  Hard Rock

                  Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

                  April 12, 2014


                  #40 MrsPeele2B

                  MrsPeele2B
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 187 posts

                    Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

                    I've been MIA... and I apologize... but I promise to update you all this evening. I've just been all over the place lately. I'm glad to see that there are other natural DW brides out there.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users