Group Rates...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 edna

edna
  • Site Supporter
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:08 PM

I am trying to get group rates from the different hotels at PV, can you post what you have negotiated if you don't mind?

As today I have rates for Nov 2008:

Westin Regina $175/night EP
    Mayan Palace $ 235/night EP

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:12 PM

I'm not getting married in the DR, but the rates will be different for everyone unless they are getting married in the same timeframe as you.

I thought we picked the low-rate time for our resort in the DR, but turns out its Passover, so our rates are higher than we would have liked.

#3 edna

edna
      • Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by foxytv
        I'm not getting married in the DR, but the rates will be different for everyone unless they are getting married in the same timeframe as you.

I thought we picked the low-rate time for our resort in the DR, but turns out its Passover, so our rates are higher than we would have liked.
        I know Tami we are planning our wedding in a holiday weekend in Mexico so I dont think we will be getting low rates. I was just wondering how much other PV brides got and see if I am doing a good job negotiating LOL

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

Tammy (host) is our TA and is working on our contract with the room block for the Melia.

So far we have a quote of $210 per night / double occupancy for an AI.

#5 edna

edna
          • Site Supporter
          • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amyh
            Tammy (host) is our TA and is working on our contract with the room block for the Melia.

So far we have a quote of $210 per night / double occupancy for an AI.
            Thank you Amy I dont have the quote yet from Melia.. I will post as soon as I get it

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:34 PM

please keep in mind that different season will have different rates...like amy's rate are for the 4th of july weekend...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 edna

edna
            • Site Supporter
            • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by host
              please keep in mind that different season will have different rates...like amy's rate are for the 4th of july weekend...
              Thank you Tammy... as Amy I have a holiday weekend too. What I know is the lower rates are during summer rather than winter or spring at PV.. so I just want to have a point of comparison...

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:49 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mora
                I am trying to get group rates from the different hotels at PV, can you post what you have negotiated if you don't mind?

As today I have rates for Nov 2008:

Westin Regina $175/night EP
                Mayan Palace $ 235/night EP
                I haven't looked into group rates yet but to me that sounds pretty good for the Westin...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#9 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:35 PM

I was just quote $120 for the Marriott. My wedding date is 10/10/08 I hope this helps!

#10 edna

edna
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 1,360 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by yari2566
                    I was just quote $120 for the Marriott. My wedding date is 10/10/08 I hope this helps!
                    That is a very good rate, how many people in your party Yari? I imagine this is the rate for EP plan right? I have asked this week for a quote on group rates but they haven't provide it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users